Job no: 493377
Work type: Staff Full-Time, Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Accounting / Finance, Admin / Executive / Office Support, Business Operations / Services
This posting is a general posting that will serve for many part-time, non-benefited, openings in different divisions across campus. Should we be interested in pursuing your application, we will contact you with the specific information.
This posting serves for a range of positions that support either specific administrative programs, administrators, or provide management or supervision over an administrative area. These positions perform work that is clerical and office-based in nature. Positions can include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Front Desk Associate
- Program Associate
- Business Coordinator
- Assistant to the Chair
These are non-benefited, part-time positions not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Provide general administrative support to a department, administrator or function on campus.
- General office management.
- Reception of visitors and answering of telephones.
- May provide budget and/or hiring support as needed.
- Coordinating the processing of accounts payable/receivable transactions.
- Processing payroll.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills to include verbal and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven planning and organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail; demonstrated initiative and independent judgment.
- Excellent mathematical skills for budget analyses and fiscal planning; strong quantitative reasoning skills for data tracking projects.
- Excellent logical thinking and creative solution generation.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with computer technology such as using the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher, etc.
- Professional experience, training or education.
- Experience in an office support setting.
- Experience with bookkeeping, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Please note that the required qualifications will vary for each position type.
Part-time, hours will vary depending upon position.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade numbers are 3-7 depending upon the position.
The hourly range for this position is $14.77 - $30.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.