Athletics and Recreation
Job no: 493379
Work type: Staff Full-Time, Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Athletics / Recreation
This posting is a general posting that will serve for many part-time, non-benefited, openings in different divisions across campus. Should we be interested in pursuing your application, we will contact you with the specific information.
These positions support programs and activities that enable students and community members to participate in athletics and recreational programs. Positions also support events held at the Richie Center. Positions can include:
- Camp Counselors and Administrators
- Fitness Instructors
- Fitness Center Support Staff
- Sports Media Technicians
- Event Staff
These are non-benefited, part-time positions not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Supporting the division of Athletics and Recreation through general or specialized skills as they pertain to the area of duties within the division.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills to include verbal and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Expertise in area of specificity.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain all required certifications and licensures as they pertain to the role.
- Professional experience, training or education.
- Current Licensure or Certifications as needed for role.
- Current certification, or willingness to become certified in CPR and First Aid.
Please note that the required qualifications will vary for each position type.
Part-time, hours will vary depending upon position.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade numbers are 3-7 depending upon the position.
The hourly range for this position is $14.77 - $30.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.