The Denver (Full Time) MBA at Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver is looking to hire adjunct instructors for the Spring 2021 quarter to teach a variety of graduate courses, such as Strategic Leadership, Sustainability, Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Economics, International Business as well as numerous special-topics courses. Spring Quarter 2021 runs March 31, 2021 through June 8, 2021 with grades due June 15, 2021. This posting will serve for multiple openings.
Adjunct faculty positions are non-benefited positions. More information about the courses can be found on the Registrar’s Office schedule of classes at https://www.du.edu/registrar/course/scheduleofclasses.html.
Course Adjunct Faculty Responsibilities:
- Teach in person once or twice a week (depending on course);
- Design a new or adapt a new course. This includes learning outcomes, support materials, and a course calendar;
- Create and Maintain LSM/Course Canvas Container;
- Meet with students as needed;
- Assign papers, exams and other deliverables as appropriate;
- Grade in a timely manner;
- Attend Denver MBA Faculty Meetings;
- Participate in recruiting and informational events as needed.
Challenge Adjunct Faculty Additional Responsibilities:
- Work with students and host partners to guarantee the best possible student experience;
- Focus on providing clear value for the host providers;
- Meet with students weekly outside of class to discuss project status;
- Attend Challenge kick-off with host partners;
- Attend final presentations with host partners;
- Support enrollment activities as needed;
- Work closely with the Denver MBA Program Director.
- Develop 2-hour workshop to supplement standing DMBA curriculum
- Teach workshop in person or via Zoom
- Topics include, but are not limited to: Financial Modeling, Contracts, Sales, Networking, Marketing Tech Skills
- Master’s Degree
- Previous teaching experience
- Successful teaching/facilitation experience with adults at the graduate level.
- Successful teaching/facilitation experience with adults in graduate business programs.
Spring Quarter: Best consideration date is February 20, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Adjunct faculty are compensated at a rate of $1,037.50 per 10 points.
Professional Workshop Facilitator: $140 per hour to teach, $70 per hour to develop
Large Cohort Additional Compensation: $2,000.00
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.