Assistant Director of Business Development, Executive Education
Job no: 493470
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Business Operations / Services
The Executive Education unit of the Daniels College of Business is focused on providing market relevant non-degree programs for business executives and other professionals. These programs consist of both customized programs for organizations and public workshops in a variety of business disciplines. This unit provides lifelong learning experiences for working professionals, DU alumni, and serves as a way to increase the connection between the business community and the College.
The position is responsible for contributing to the development of strategic market plans and market assessments, including ongoing local, regional, national and international market assessments. This position will provide support and contribute to the development and execution of integrated marketing plans and collaterals and competitive positioning strategies. This position will also be responsible for evaluating economic and business data, and for maintaining superior knowledge of competitor products and capabilities along with local market trends. The successful candidate will support the development of strategic partnerships of profitable new business and provide some limited support in recruiting business professionals for public programs for Executive Education.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the business development process.
- Meet annual sales targets.
- Contribute to the development of an annual sales plan identifying new clients and cross-selling opportunities for existing clients.
- Follow up and qualify leads generated by marketing programs and through Daniels College contacts.
- Work with lead faculty to conduct business strategy sessions with target clients and prospective participants to assess executive and management development needs.
- Develop and execute effective sales call management strategies, including pre-call planning and outcome identification, learning needs assessment, articulating education programs with corporate learning needs, managing objections, post-call follow-up and reporting using Salesforce.com.
- Represent Daniels at community organizations and corporate events to cultivate relationships.
- Support the development of strategic partnerships.
- Cross-sell programs by collaborating with other faculty and staff.
- Understand corporate marketing and sales cycles.
- Perform company research and market assessments.
- Measure results of various business development strategies.
- Work with director and program faculty to prepare program proposals and cost/profit models to ensure appropriate contribution margins to the Daniels College.
- Work with director to define program objectives and agenda, identify faculty, and develop needed program materials.
- Contribute to the development and execution of integrated marketing plans and competitive positioning strategies.
- Contribute to the development of various marketing content, including Web and printed support materials.
- Support the Public Relations aspect of the marketing plan by working with faculty and staff to write articles and case studies on executive programs.
- Evaluate economic and business data and maintain superior knowledge of competitor products and capabilities along with local market trends.
- Contribute to the development of strategic market plans and market assessments, including ongoing local, regional, national and international market assessments.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans for Executive Education.
- Contribute to the research and creation of new and continuing program and service areas for executive education (e.g., customs programs, consulting, executive coaching, workshops).
- Contribute to the development and sustainability of the organizational plan to support the growth programs.
Program Management and Evaluation
- Work with faculty, program manager and client to ensure program objectives are met.
- Oversee the delivery and outcome of executive education programs by collaborating with faculty, establishing an excellent relationship with the client, overseeing program logistics facilities and contracts, and evaluation.
- Manage the outcome of Executive Education programs and assist in making course corrections as necessary.
Administration and Operations
- Manage and sustain systems for efficient business development processes.
- Manage and track business development related expenses.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Articulate, succinct and accurate in both written and spoken communication.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare budgets.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statements.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic and intermediate algebra.
- Ability to apply concepts and analyze relevant data such as fractions, percentage rations, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with CRM software and educational technology is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and good communication skills essential.
- Master's degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or related field.
- 4+ years of work experience in a marketing and sales environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use Sales Force as a CRM system.
- Experience with social media, email marketing tools, and other online applications.
- Experience with developing marketing and sales plans strategies.
- Availability for domestic travel.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on March 17, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $55,250 - $65,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.