Kindergarten Camp Counselor, Fisher Early Learning Center
Job no: 493651
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Teacher (Early Childhood)
The Fisher Early Learning Center is one of the most distinctive early childhood learning centers in Colorado. As a part of the Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver, we are uniquely positioned to provide a warm and loving environment that is specifically designed to deliver cutting-edge and evidence based programming for infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children. We are an inclusive setting and value diversity.
Fisher Early Learning Center’s Kindergarten Camp is designed for kids ages 5-6 who have graduated from Fisher Early Learning Center and will enter kindergarten in the fall of 2021. Camp is a great way for children to experience their transition out of Fisher and into kindergarten. Camp provides them with a fun atmosphere to meet new friends who were in different Pre K classes at Fisher, as well as practice some skills associated with going to kindergarten (carrying a backpack, bringing a lunch, etc.). This posting will serve for multiple openings. The positions are non-benefited and not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Kindergarten camp is full of fun daily activities including:
- Walks around the DU campus
- Picnic lunches
- Field games at the Ritchie Center
- “Water Days”
- Field trips around the Denver area (covid-permitting)
- In-house visits from outside providers
- The first week (June 14-17) is a preparation week. The schedule for this week is flexible and may consist of up to 20 hours. The Lead Counselor will communicate needs and schedule for this week.
- June 21st – August 13th is a Monday-Friday, 40 hour/week position. Days off can be accommodated. Monday-Friday preferred, though alternate schedules may be approved by Lead Counselor.
- Manage a group of approximately 10 children ages 5-6 under the supervision of Lead Counselor.
- Work alongside staff of approximately 6 other counselors and 1 lead counselor.
- Assist Lead Counselor with daily camp operations.
- Adhere to daily and weekly schedule.
- Implement lesson plans with weekly themes.
- Lead fun and engaging daily activities.
- Attend and assist with trips to various locations around Denver (subject to change due to Covid).
- Communicate daily with parents and caregivers.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on April 23, 2021. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the positions are filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 3.
The hourly range for the position is $14.77 - $18.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.