Graduate Ambassador, MS in Data Science Program
Job no: 493662
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Student Affairs / Services, Academic Administration
The Graduate Ambassador position is for the M.S. in Data Science program at the University of Denver as a part-time, non-benefited role. The graduate ambassador will promote graduate education, gain leadership skills, and help current and future graduate students.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Inform prospective graduate students about MS in Data Science program, graduate student life at the University of Denver, and Denver, Colorado.
- Participate in recruitment activities and webinars.
- Correspond with prospective and admitted students through various communication mediums including emails, phone calls, and virtual interactions.
- Provide peer support to incoming graduate students by helping them navigate graduate school.
- Participate in informational sessions for graduate students.
- Track conversations with prospective students.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Recent graduate from the MS in Data Science at the University of Denver program or enrolled in the second year of the MS in Data Science program.
- Previous experience in student admissions or support.
Part-time, hours will vary.
The hourly rate is $18.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, available market information, and course enrollment, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.