The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the University of Denver's physical resources in order to provide a healthy and safe educational environment for campus community through services of the departments of: Capital Projects and Planning, Facilities Management, Parking & Mobility Services, Auxiliaries & Real Estate, and Business & Operations.
The Custodial Services division of Facilities Management is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all interior spaces in a variety of Academic, Athletic, Residential and Administrative settings with a variety of chemicals/solutions and equipment (i.e. vacuums, auto scrubbers, sweepers, spot cleaners, etc.). Employees will be required to understand and follow all rules and regulations put forth by the University of Denver and the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Must participate in annual OSHA training and will be responsible.
- Properly secure all doors within the assigned area.
- Cleaning restrooms including toilets, sink and showers; disinfect the facilities on a daily basis. Restock necessary items (e.g. soap, paper products).
- Trash removal.
- Replenish disposable products such as soap, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Dust and wet mopping of hard floors.
- Removal of dust from vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Cleaning of chalkboards and whiteboards.
- Vacuum and spot clean carpeted areas.
- Cleaning and sanitation of sinks, water fountains and other fixtures typically found in restroom and other similar areas.
- Interior window washing.
- Clean appliances.
- Clean and maintains walk off mats.
- Relocates furniture as requested using appropriate moving devices.
- Clean biohazard waste using the proper PPE.
- Sweep and remove leaves, snow and trash from entrances and steps of building entrances.
- Maintains the equipment in a clean and working condition.
- Varied processes utilized to deep clean carpet and other fabric surfaces.
- Varied processes utilized to refinish hard surface flooring.
- Varied processes utilized to remove graffiti and clean equipment, walls and other hard surfaces.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with peers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, and work safely in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to handle time sensitive/confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to work efficiently unsupervised.
- Custodians are required long intervals of standing, walking, bending, and repetitive motion of hand-wrist and elbow–shoulder.
- Custodians will be required to climb ladders up to 10 feet tall and balance.
- Operate various hand held, walk behind and self-propelled equipment and machinery.
- Workers are required to push-pull, carry and lift objects of up to 50 pounds.
- This job entails working in small dusty areas.
- Knowledge of related OSHA and EPA regulations and able to effectively communicate regulations to others.
- High School diploma.
- Knowledge of safety protocols such as disposal of chemicals and other hazardous material.
- Work experience as custodian/ janitor or a similar role.
- Working knowledge of industry equipment and how to maintain units.
Full and part time positions, various shifts available.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 2.
The hourly rate for this position is $15.07.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.