Procurement Agent, Shared Services Center
Job no: 493732
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Business Operations / Services
The Department of Shared Services provides a wide range of business, administrative and support services to faculty, staff and students in a high quality, effective and efficient manner. It supports the teaching and research mission of the University by enabling unit-level staff to access and transact support services easily and readily for faculty, staff, and/or students. The department provides successful leadership and management of infrastructure functions delivering effective, efficient and value-adding services and processes to the institution that are directly aligned to customer needs.
The Procurement Agent is responsible for purchasing a wide variety of technical and non-technical items, including personal computers, servers, technical network equipment, scientific/laboratory research equipment and supplies, office furniture and supplies, compressed gases, physical plant equipment and supplies, and other items as assigned. The position may also contract for University services (including maintenance contracts) and act as liaison with external contract approvers. Research and evaluate suppliers based on cost, service, distribution capabilities and availability and communicates findings with supervisor and or manager. Individual ensures that purchases are made in compliance with University and governmental regulations and good business procedures/practices.
- Process Purchase Orders
- Review of departmental requisitions.
- Develop, solicit and analyze bids and requests for proposals.
- Review bids for proper specifications and appropriate terms and conditions.
- Communication with vendors concerning the availability of commodities/services, price changes and discounts.
- Enforcement of purchasing policies and procedures
- Follow-up and expediting activities to insure delivery as required.
- Work with departments and/or consultants to develop bid specifications and evaluation criteria affecting overall cost of acquisition.
- Meet with departments to discuss their requirements; offer customer service, advise, guidance and training regarding purchasing policy and procedures.
- Determine the appropriateness of emergency and sole-source purchases.
- Meet with supplier representatives.
- Maintain current knowledge of University initiatives that affect procurement contractual agreements and communicates to stakeholders and implementing change as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of procurement principles and practices, and procurement negotiation methods.
- Understanding and knowledge of business processes and systems.
- Understanding and appreciation for automation and the use of technology as an enabler of high quality services and performance levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and compliance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Decision Making/Judgment: Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, and communicates decisions to others.
- Inclusiveness: Actively creates and supports an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. This may include policies, procedures, training, mission, values, goals, office climate and culture, interactions with colleagues and co-workers, leadership practices, programming, hiring, marketing, evaluation, promotion, and other workplace dimensions.
- Integrity/Ethics: Follows through on commitments and communicates honestly, and encourages others to do so. Demonstrates integrity and ethics, and acts in support of the University's best interest.
- Customer Focus: Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
- Teamwork/Engagement: Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals. Displays enthusiasm about being part of the team. Treats others with respect. Supports the work of team members and personally contributes an appropriate share of the work to team projects.
- High school diploma.
- Procurement/purchasing experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, procurement management, or related field.
- 2-3 years of procurement/purchasing experience.
- Purchasing experience in higher education.
- Experience writing and supporting bids and request for proposal activities.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, May 5, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The salary range for this position is $42,000 - $47,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.