Program Manager, Animal Law Program
Job no: 493737
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Legal Professionals
Widely regarded as one of the nations most innovative and ascendant law schools, the University of Denver Sturm College of Law offers a full-time JD program, a part-time JD program, and a set of pioneering and nationally recognized Masters degree programs. The Sturm College of Law also supports a nationally recognized Animal Law Program, which seeks to advance the welfare of non-human animals through teaching, research, and public engagement.
Reporting directly to the Director of the Animal Law Program, the Program Manager is responsible for advancing a variety of programmatic priorities, including strategic communications, conference and event support, assistance with grant applications and post-grant administration, and collaboration with outside stakeholders, including governmental bodies, non-profit partners, and higher educational institutions.
- Supporting the Director of the Animal Law Program in advancing a variety of programmatic goals.
- Working with faculty and staff members within the Sturm College of Law responsible for advising students on course selection and co-curricular activities in the field of animal law and policy.
- Collaborating with the law schools Externship Office and Office of Career Development & Opportunities on programming and advising designed to expand graduates professional opportunities.
- Working with the Assistant Dean of Marketing & Communications on a variety of strategic communications relating to the Animal Law Program, including materials relating to admissions and event publicity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A strong commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- The ability to coordinate multiple events and activities while maintaining focus on details and outcomes.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and to functioning in a high-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university or college.
- Familiarity with issues relating to animal law and policy.
- JD or equivalent legal degree.
- Experience in higher education.
- 1-2 years of administrative or program management experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, May 20th, 2021. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.