Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) is the student affairs division of the University of Denver. SAIE includes Housing and Residential Education, Student Engagement, Health and Counseling, Learning Effectiveness Program, Disability Service Program, Cultural Center, Student Rights and Responsibilities, New Student & Family Programs, and Access and Transitions.
We are committed to providing students with the support and skills needed to become empowered citizens that positively impact the communities they are a part of, now, and in the future. We do so by challenging student to:
- Reflect on their values and identities.
- Recognize their strengths and acknowledge areas for further growth.
- Understand the importance of needing support and seeking it.
- Cultivate their passions.
- Foster the public good.
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Initiatives, this position serves as the Executive Assistant for the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence (SAIE). This position will work to ensure the Vice Chancellors' daily workflow is efficient and effective for optimal organizational performance. As a critical support system for the Vice Chancellors' senior leadership team, this role will be involved in decision-making processes that require robust administrative support, confidentiality, and desire to contribute as a thought partner. Working closely with the Manager of Strategic Initiatives, this role will support with the preparations and execution of an array of divisional and campus-wide projects.
- Provide administrative support to the the vice chancellor and associate vice chancellor by
managing calendar and scheduling meetings, answering emails, and coordinating all program
- Maintain project timelines, update and track office workflow.
- Support planning and preparation for divisional, inter-departmental, senior cabinet, board of
trustees meetings, and other meetings as needed.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise student and para-professional staff members who are operate
the administrative office front desk.
- Keep comprehensive notes of meetings and provide summaries as requested.
- Serve as procurement card coordinator for assigned areas.
- Work with business, operations, and resources office (BODR) for contracts, requisitions, invoices,
purchase orders and direct pays for assigned areas.
- Manage suite operations, including stocking office supplies, maintaining shared printers, and assisting with general administrative needs of suite residents.
- Work closely with Manager of Strategic Initiatives to draft and review divisional and campus wide communications as needed.
- Develop reports, proposals, and multi-media presentations using a variety of programs (Excel, Power Point, Prezi, etc.).
- Utilize social media and other emerging digital platforms to continually adapt and evolve creative ways to engage stakeholders.
- Help develop and manage content to maintain the SAIE Vice Chancellors website; monitor and respond, with consultation, the SAIE email account.
- Support responses to students, families, and other constituents.
- Manage, write, and edit divisional newsletters and related communications.
- Work closely with Manager of Strategic Initiatives to source, collate, organize, and synthesize research and reference materials for special projects as needed.
- Lead and organize division-wide events and gatherings (e.g. professional development day, quarterly divisional meetings, etc.)
- Utilize emerging technologies to provide effective scheduling and collaboration.
- Keep informed of events/issues in the DU community and beyond.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends and issues/events in the higher education environment.
- Provide research assistance as needed.
Other Duties as assigned.
In consultation with the Vice Chancellor and Manager of Strategic Initiatives, serve on Divisional committees and support divisional work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor; willingness and ability to deal with internal and external constituents in a professional, confidential, friendly and responsive manner via phone, email and in-person contacts.
- Ability to problem solve in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Self-starter with ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously and with attention to detail.
- Possess a high degree of integrity with a strong ability to maintain confidentiality and behave in an ethical manner.
- Experience maintaining detailed and confidential records.
- Experience with sourcing and compiling qualitative and quantitative research.
- Familiarity with web-based data management and modern office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard office productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Two (2) years of relevant administrative, project management, digital communications or customer service experience.
- Experience in an academic/higher education setting.
- Experience with customer service.
- Experience in supervising and managing an organizations front desk operations.
- Demonstrate desire and ability to synthesize complex information and research into clear, succinct, and actionable formats for a given issue.
- Demonstrate desire and capacity for critical thinking, problem-solving, and generating creative solutions in dynamic organizational settings.
- Familiarity with emerging digital tools and practices that support communication, organization, and productivity.
- Familiarity with and interests in college student development and culture change theories.
- Familiarity with and interest in organizational management and change.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, May 14th, 2021 .
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $65,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.