The Division of Marketing & Communications (MarComm) speaks with a unified, authentic and resonant voice to strategically advance the University of Denver's brand with four goals in mind:
- To promote and protect DU's reputation
- To inspire students to enroll and engage
- To increase inclusion
- To strengthen the University
MarComm aims to strengthen DU's strategic position locally, regionally and nationally through data-driven and authentic storytelling across multiple channels with focused support on the university's value drivers: academics and research; enrollment and admissions, athletics and advancement. Whether through public or media relations, digital strategies, social media, print, podcast, issues or crisis management, community relations or thought leadership and training, MarComm drives results through narratives that involve words, pictures and design. With true understanding of and connection with our diverse audiences, we aim to foster collaborative problem solving, creativity and innovation.
The MarComm Distribution Coordinator is responsible for overseeing logistics related to the distribution of central marketing and communications efforts for the University of Denver. The Distribution Coordinator will organize and oversee a variety of operational systems and delivery mechanisms related to MarComm objectives and activities, included but not limited to email, print, marketing inventory management, advertising and brand ambassador program. This person will require a special attention to detail as well as the ability to accommodate and prioritize regular change and urgent requests. The Distribution Coordinator will work collaboratively within MarComm and with other campus partners to execute and optimize current processes.
- Facilitate direct mail distribution for the university’s magazine and marketing campaigns, including collaborating with production vendors, mail centers, list management sources as well as providing quality assurance and coordinating distribution timelines.
- Facilitate emails and email campaign distribution on behalf of MarComm, maintaining templates and lists, developing and deploying email, and tracking and reporting on results.
- Provide proofreading and quality assurance for writing across a variety of channels.
- Work closely with campus partners to implement or coordinate on technical issues, required revisions and adjustments to both design elements and content.
- Work with technical partners on campus to troubleshoot issues in real-time.
- Write, design, build, and issue surveys on behalf of MarComm.
- Contribute to the establishment of a brand ambassador program and provided ongoing oversight/management of asset releases for the program.
- Support the ongoing development and distribution of brand assets on campus and in the Denver metro.
- Actively contribute to after action review process and work with marketing analytics manager to provide insights into the performance of managed distributions and contributing to the continuous improvement of unit processes.
- Maintain inventory of MarComm assets while working with director of finance to order materials when run low and replace damaged assets.
- Activate and coordinate cyclical updates to MarComm-owned/managed properties, including but not limited to the campus map, brand toolkit on MarComm website and brand book, in partnership with asset owners within the team.
- Coordinate the installation of environmental (digital and physical) marketing pieces across campus and in community as well as track and coordinate updates due to content strategy adjustments or standard wear and tear.
- Respond to campus partner/client inquiries and refer partners to the proper MarComm team member for support.
- Ensure that the quality of all services provided meet the required standards.
- Working with content strategy manager, communications manager and marketing manager to ensure consistent university branding, messaging and user experience for managed assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to create systems for organization of marketing/communication work independently and/or with little supervision.
- Able to take feedback constructively and iterate on produced pieces quickly.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills and the ability to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
- Positive outlook and professional demeanor.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, calculator, phone, printer, copier and fax.
- Competency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Commitment to organizational priorities.
- Ability to be flexible with assignments and multiple priorities.
- A team player who is adept at building relationships and strengthening ties across multiple departments.
- Ability to travel to other buildings on campus on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, campus partners and senior leaders in achieving objectives.
- Able to integrate thinking from divergent points of view.
- Ability to repurpose and iterate content for use in a variety of marketing and communications channels to extend research.
- Basic understanding of key performance indicators for marketing and communications channels.
- Able to track and meet a variety of deadlines while coordinating new work and unexpected changes in priorities.
- Production management and experience working with a mix of internal and external vendors and partners to execute complex projects.
- Track record of success in a highly matrixed environment with multiple constituents.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military training in marketing, organizational communications, or other related fields.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a marketing or communications role.
- Working knowledge of CAN-SPAM as well as ADA compliance needs for email and web.
- Working knowledge of coordinating work inside project management software.
- Experience trafficking advertising.
- Experience working within a WSYWIG system to create and launch emails and landing pages.
- Working knowledge of how to build and distribute automated emails on a schedule via a CRM system.
- Working knowledge of how to operate within a CMS.
- Familiarity with the print production and distribution processes sufficient to effectively troubleshoot and coordinate all components.
- Experience writing brief email, web and informational content.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on June 21, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.