The Enrollment Division at the University of Denver works to attract and enroll an optimal mix of qualified students who will enrich the composition of our learning community. The division, which consists of Undergraduate Admission, International Student Admission and Financial Aid, seeks to enroll students who will become leaders, scholars, artists, entrepreneurs, and public servants uniquely qualified to live in and shape a global society. Our vision is to serve with exceptional quality as we assist students in making the transition to the University and ensuring their persistence to graduation. In our daily work, the enrollment team is guided by these values: excellence, innovation, engagement, integrity, inclusiveness, fair and consistent decision making, responsiveness, fiscal responsibility, open communication, collaboration and professional development. Our enrollment goals, recruitment strategies and the admission and financial aid processes are designed to enroll a diverse, ethical and intellectually vibrant student body that can be successful at the University of Denver and go on to lead lives of meaning and purpose. Equally important, by striving to embed considerations of inclusion and college access into every element of our recruitment and enrollment process, we support the DU vision to achieve a transformative campus culture and climate as identified in the DU Impact 2025 strategic plan.
We have a position available to hire as one of our two Campus Visit Program Coordinators within Undergraduate Admission. This position reports to the Director of Visit Programs, and we seek candidates who bring experience, skill and passion to serve on our Visit Team. DU's visit program welcomes 25,000 visitors each year and contributes to the overall recruitment and enrollment efforts of Undergraduate Admission by developing, implementing and assessing ways for interested constituents to gain a more thorough understanding of the University of Denver and what it has to offer. Through leadership, coordination and customer service, this position is the direct supervisor of the 80+ tour guide team; coordinates all aspects of the Daily Visit, Friday@DU, Transfer Preview Visit Programs, and virtual tours; and ensures that all touchpoints with visitors are delivered with exceptional quality service.
Leadership and Supervision
- Utilize student development theory to provide direct supervision to the 80+ tour guides (Team 1864) and its student leadership team.
- Hire, train, assign and review work; develop performance goals and assess performance.
- Provide direction and clarification and respond to questions and inquiries.
- Assign work schedules to ensure proper coverage of the front desk, campus tours, campus visitation events and special requests.
Campus Visit Coordination
- Manage all aspects of daily visits and independently execute the various aspects of a complex, individualized visit program.
- Oversee our 11 half-day visit programs (Friday@DU) as well as our three Transfer Visit Programs. This includes reserving venue space, parking, AV, and food; assigning tour guides and admission staff; and arranging all aspects of the students visit - faculty appointments, class visits, and student panels.
- Assist the rest of the visit team to provide exceptional quality services to all visitors (i.e. high school and middle school groups, admitted student programs, high school counselors, alumni, graduate students, etc.).
Customer Service & Hospitality
- Ensure all touchpoints with visitors are delivered with exceptional quality service.
- Ensure admission personnel and the DU Community are prepared to assist each guest (via phone calls, in-person, and email) with success and with the utmost respect.
- Provide comprehensive communication with visitors before and after their visit.
- Open communication with other departments across campus to ensure a successful visit for prospective families.
*Other duties as assigned
- Supervises 80+ student tour guide team and four lead guides.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal and public speaking skills.
- Coordinate multiple events and activities while maintaining focus on details and outcome.
- Act independently to resolve issues, enhance programs, or facilitate initiatives with guidance from supervisor.
- Utilize and draw from both quantitative and qualitative data sources to make the most informed & comprehensive decisions.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity including the understanding and appreciation for cultural differences that impact the student experience.
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
- Contribute to the Visit Team with innovation, critical engagement, accountability and a collaborative spirit.
- Provide our key constituents with exceptional quality service.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to event management and coordination.
- Knowledge in student development theory to effectively manage, supervise, and evaluate assigned student staff.
- Knowledge and experience with the University of Denver.
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, June 16th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 5.
The hourly range for the position is $16.97 - $19.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.