Building Services Specialist
Job no: 493943
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Maintenance / Grounds / Skilled Trades
The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the University of Denver's physical resources in order to provide a healthy and safe educational environment for campus community through services of the departments of Capital Projects and Planning, Facilities Management, Parking & Mobility Services, Auxiliaries & Real Estate, and Business & Operations.
Under the general direct supervision of the Conversion Manager and the general direction of the Operations Manager of Auxiliary Facilities this position will be responsible for the performance of skilled labor tasks associated with the successful production of events and conversions in assembly facility environment.
- Ability to work variable shifts including nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by the event schedule.
- Ability to take and follow direction in a client service based environment.
- Ability to instruct and leads nonskilled laborers as needed to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to manage minute details in the delivery of the production schedule within rigid time constraints.
- Ability to construct and repair of staging and associated equipment, assembly of portable seating, fixed seating, dasher boards and glass, riser systems, portable floor systems, special set-up equipment and storage carts/systems associated with the above-mentioned items.
- Ability to operate forklifts, high lifts, air sleds, ram paks.
- Ability to move office furniture such as tables, chairs, desks, files, supplies, utilizing flat carts, dollys, pallet jacks, etc.
- Assist with the performance of skilled and semi-skilled tasks related to general maintenance within the assembly facility to include mechanical and electrical repair, general carpentry, painting, and snow removal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with various building constituents through manual and electronic means.
- Preference given to dual language speakers (English/Spanish).
- Proficiency with addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and any other such computations necessary to perform various tasks related to general maintenance and event production work.
- Ability to followed detailed instructions provided both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to envision projects from inception to completion and to provide a course of action for the successful accomplishment of the assigned tasks.
- Ability to make decisions under rigid time constraints and extreme pressure.
- Ability to receive direction from a number of sources and constituents and to choose the most prudent path of action.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Three years of experience in general stagehand, theater, or assembly facility work as a lead conversion/changeover worker.
- Ability to obtain a Certified Forklift Operators license within six months of date of hire.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's License and be insurable under University guidelines.
- Pass a pre-employment physical exam, and lift 100 lbs.
- Familiar working with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software, including WebTMA.
- Advanced general maintenance skill in either carpentry, electrical, HVAC or plumbing.
- Certified Forklift Operator's license.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 6.
The hourly rate for the position is $22.15.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check, Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Screen.