The Daniels College of Business and University College at the University of Denver (DU) invite applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Department of Management starting September 1, 2022. We are especially interested in applicants with a strong potential for a record of scholarship, teaching, and service.
The Management Department is an academic unit of the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver in Colorado. DU is the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, with approximately 11,800 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. DU is classified as a Doctoral/Research University with high research activity. DU is classified as a Doctoral/Research University with high research activity. Times Higher Education and U.S. News have ranked DU among the nations top 100 universities. The Daniels College is the eighth oldest collegiate business program in the U.S. and has held AACSB accreditation since 1923. The College offers both undergraduate, masters degree, and executive PhD programs. The Daniels College of Business is the one of the largest colleges within the University, with 1,800 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students. We offer a variety of majors and minors, including two bachelors degrees, four MBA degree programs, six specialized masters degrees, and an executive PhD program. We are committed to the principles of multiculturalism, diversity, and inclusive excellence through involvement and participation in university and college wide projects and initiatives. Daniels is proud to be among the top business schools nationally and internationally to receive recognition for its graduate and undergraduate programs from U.S. News & World Report, Bloomberg Businessweek, Financial Times and Forbes. The Management Department, consisting of 17 full-time faculty members, offers an undergraduate BSBA major in management, a management minor, an MS in Management, and provides core classes for the MBA and PhD students and other degree programs within the college. The Daniels College of Business is widely recognized for its focus on business ethics.
We are open to applicants from all areas of management scholarship with a focus on strategy and all research methodologies. Maintenance of AACSB academic qualifications (Scholarly Academic) is required. The successful candidate is expected to teach courses during the academic year, which may include fall, winter, and/or spring quarters. Teaching responsibilities include both undergraduate and graduate level courses. Faculty members are expected to participate in the colleges faculty meetings, assurance of learning, and the advising of students in the program.
- Teaching: Expected to deliver up to six courses or their equivalent throughout the academic year, which may include summer, fall, winter or spring quarters. Summer research support and two course releases for research activity are granted for two years to an Assistant Professor. Course releases and stipends/summer support for research activity beyond the first two years as an Assistant Professor are subject to a competitive peer review process open to all faculty members.
- Research, Scholarship or Creative Work: Expected to deliver up to six courses or their equivalent throughout the academic year, which may include summer, fall, winter or spring quarters. Summer research support and two course releases for research activity are granted for two years to an Assistant Professor. Course releases and stipends/summer support for research activity beyond the first two years as an Assistant Professor are subject to a competitive peer review process open to all faculty members.
- Service: The individual who fills this position will be expected to participate in the academic life of the Department of Management and the Daniels College faculty meetings, assurance of learning, curriculum development, and the informal advising of students. Assistant Professor will typically engage in limited service activities, unless they tie specifically to ones research.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a variety of teaching methods.
- Outstanding teaching skills.
- Initiative and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative, collegial environment.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with diverse communities or evidence of a commitment to incorporate inclusive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive excellence, equity, and access in education.
- Strong English communication skills (written and oral).
- Maintenance of appropriate AACSB Standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of multiculturalism/diversity/inclusive excellence through involvement and participation in university/division-wide projects and initiatives.
- Earned doctorate in management or related field from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school. ABD will be considered.
- Current publication record that demonstrates Academic Qualification standing for AACSB requirements.
- Established record in research, teaching, and service as appropriate to the level of an assistant professor.
- Doctorate in business or a related field.
- Research interests in technology and strategy.
- Publications in Financial Times Top 50 journals or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a variety of teaching methods and/or curricular perspectives to effectively engage diverse populations and learning styles.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is UC.
The salary range for this position is $150,000 - $165,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- 3 Publications
- One-page diversity statement describing how the candidate’s research, teaching and/or service contributes to DU’s values, practices, and actions regarding diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence (https://www.du.edu/equity/dei-action-plan).
- Names and contact information for three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.