Digital Media Technician I, Part-Time
Job no: 494237
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Information Technology
Reporting to the Digital Media Services Director and Video Production Team Lead, this hourly position will be responsible for providing support to patrons of the Anderson Academic Commons that are seeking assistance with media-based technologies at the Digital Media Center. This position may have to provide weekend and evening shift support.
- Provide technical assistance and support with Digital Media Center software which includes:
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- After Effects
- Proficient in nonlinear video editing software:
- Premier Pro
- Final Cut X
- Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Assist with monitoring and supporting iMacs in computer lab.
- Troubleshoot and fix incidents when possible, or escalate incidents to the appropriate channel if necessary.
- Coordinate and track and checkout university field production equipment.
- Work on an individual basis with students, faculty, and staff to ensure familiarity and confidence with software supported by the Media Center.
- Perform related work as required or assigned.
- Host and organize Adobe 101 clinics with classes and individual students
- Assist in video production using the Video Creation Studio
- High school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated experience and ability with graphic design.
- Familiarity with editing animating and using audio tools such as Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Audition etc.
- Familiarity with publishing tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc. Familiarity with Microsoft Office software products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent costumer service skills a must.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in producing digital media and technology preferred.
- Experience with image and graphics creation and editing.
- Some experience with programmatic languages, 3D modeling, or 3D printing is a plus.
The work environment is an academic library with cyclical periods of increased workloads with the possibility of stressful situations. The department is highly automated with attention paid to ergonomics and safety. The unit is one of several working collaboratively and cooperatively in a team-based organization. The work environment consists of surroundings with moderate noise levels and frequent contact with electrical devices.
Part-time, 10-20 hours per week.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Monday September 27th, 2021.
The hourly range for this position is $20.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.