The University of Denver has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, giving it a tradition of over 150 years of academic excellence. The University of Denver college of professional and continuing studies, University College, is a leader in adult education, providing fully accredited and affordable educational experiences specifically designed for busy adults.
University College is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the central point of contact between University College and prospective and continuing students and provides consultation and services for credit and non-credit programs. Areas of responsibility include inquiry follow-up, pre-advising for academic programs, registration support, technical support, financial services, and student retention. This is achieved through a high-touch approach while using independent judgment to identify and create academic opportunities. The position requires a deep knowledge base of University College programs, services, resources, policies, and procedures to provide a complete service experience for our students and prospective students. The focus of this position is on building and strengthening relationships with prospective and current, post-traditional learners through the cultivation of a welcoming and inclusive environment, allowing them to achieve their educational goals. Applicants should align with our values: honor the individual, champion learning, transforms lives, work together, and pursue excellence.
Applicants should strive to exemplify our values: honor the individual, champion learning, transform lives, work together, and pursue excellence. University College fosters a learning culture, where questions are expected; information and wisdom are shared; and community members respectfully challenge each other’s perspectives and engage in personal reflection. We celebrate our successes, measure our progress, and realize our goals through collective action. We strive to be culturally aware of our behaviors; aim to ignite continuous growth within each individual; and seek to enhance our impact on students, alumni, faculty, staff, and the greater community.
- Serve as a central point of contact for prospective students, applicants, and current students.
- Provide information in response to questions in all areas of University College, including all college programs, services, resources, policies, and procedures.
- Execute proactive outreach to all inquiries and provide timely and accurate communication of important information to students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide pre-advising and serve as registration resource for students.
- Track and utilize data related to prospective student admission applications, new student registration processes, and new student preparations for matriculation at University College.
- Facilitate basic technical support for students in the scope of university systems and applications.
- Coordinate resources and provide proper hand off to other service areas at University College or the University of Denver to achieve a seamless customer service experience.
- Strengthen relationships with prospective and current students through cultivation of inclusive environment.
- Provide outreach to current students to achieve higher student retention.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of course, programs, and departments and maintain relationships with program liaisons.
- Communicate feedback and express ideas about opportunities to meet student needs. Lead implementations of approved improvements to processes and procedures.
- Manage office space and professional appearance to portray University College as the premier provider of Adult Education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate information pertinent to the success in university environment, such as reports, business correspondence, course descriptions, program proposals, and procedure manuals.
- Strong ability to multitask, to utilize professional judgment, take initiative and meet deadlines, and focus on detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- High School Diploma.
- Demonstrated experience in guiding individuals through a decision-making process.
- Experience in customer service role, with communication via in-person interaction, by phone, by e-mail, and online (via Zoom).
- Bachelor's Degree or two years of equivalent office experience/training.
- Experience working at a university or college and understanding of academic policies and procedures.
- Experience working with adult learners in a service capacity.
- Experience with Banner student information database system.
- Experience using CRM systems.
- Familiarity with Tableau data visualization software or similar software.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, September 9th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 4.
The hourly range for the position is $17.88-20.44
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.