Job no: 494303
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Student Affairs / Services, Events, Community Engagement, Marketing / Communications / Media
Conference & Event Services (CES) delivers exceptional service, resources and support to events on the University of Denver (DU) campus. While upholding the University's integrity, values and inclusive engagement, CES cultivates strategic relationships with its internal DU partners to ensure the success of outreach to local, national, and global organizations. CES provides services to clients for the exploration, discussion, and enactment of issues and topics germane to a variety of important areas that include civic, political, non-profit, educational, and business.
This position will provide event support for visitors, external organizations, faculty, staff and students who wish to plan an event on campus, including meetings, events and summer conferences.
- Manage events including but not limited to meetings, receptions, conferences, graduations, by conducting site tours with prospective clients, booking in Ungerboeck (EBMS), scheduling in 25-Live, executing contracts, collecting receipt of payments, planning and implementing client requirements.
- Oversees implementation of all event details including, but not limited to, meeting room assignment, room set-up, media, dining, signage, security, HVAC, grounds, & custodial.
- Consults with clients to determine objectives and requirements for events such as conferences, retreats and meetings.
- Understands and assigns event space to achieve effective use of resources.
- Collaborate with University employees and external vendors to perform tasks necessary for the management, execution and settlements of events.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, service contractors, and the external public. Monitor assigned event requirements as interfaced with other events and activities scheduled in the University venues.
- Assist the Manager of Summer Conferencing by coordinating conference logistics with service providers, guests, and other Event Managers.
- Develop creative event materials such as invites, programs and event signage.
- Administrative duties include support to Conferences & Event Services, while on occasion, other duties that will be assigned outside the normal day-to-day range of responsibilities and timeframe which will include some nights and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as proficiency with office equipment.
- Sales experience and proficient in Microsoft Office internet searching, and ability to understand and willingness to learn event management software and processes.
- Self-motivated, take initiative and have great problem solving skills.
- Certified Event Planner.
- Ungerboeck (EBMS) software, and 25Live scheduling software.
- Undergraduate Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- 3-4 years of related experience in event management.
- Masters Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing events in an academic setting.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$57,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.