The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 33 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 18 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
This position will be responsible for daily management, promotion and operation of Ritchie Center Operations; including oversight of the following operating units including, without limitation; facility rental and retail sales ($1MM+), facility scheduling, facility operations, massage therapy services, athletic training and recovery services, human resources, retail and licensing, vending, capital asset management, inventory management, key and security management, facility usage and related operations. This position delivers an exceptional customer experience to all visitors of the Ritchie Center through managing the front line interactions that customers will have. These include parking, facility entry and access, transaction experience, facility quality, communication, safety, and servicing each customers needs.
Exceptional Student/Member/Participant/Guest Experience
- Create a Culture of Service Above Self & Participant Skill Development.
- Monitor Participant Satisfaction.
- Handle Inquiries, Concerns and Complaints.
Ritchie Center Facility Scheduling
- Responsible for scheduling the Ritchie Center and its related venues.
Ritchie Center Facility Operations
- Eliminate or Control Ritchie Center Risk.
- Operate a Safe Environment.
- Maintain Daily Venue Operations.
- Oversee Maintenance of Facility Equipment.
- Develop Checklists, Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines for Venues.
Retail Sales, Licensing, and Campus Vending
- Responsible for overall administration of retail sales, licensing, and campus vending.
- Retail Sales.
- Campus Vending.
- Promote Workplace Performance.
- Implement Retail and Facility Operation Staffing Requirements.
- Implement Staff Scheduling Guidelines.
- Monitor Staffing Plan.
- Employee Recruitment.
- Develop and Implement Checklists, Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines.
- Develop and Implement Training Programs.
- Coach Staff.
- Conduct Performance Reviews.
- Apply Reward and Disciplinary Measures.
- Ensure that team members have clear goals, objectives, and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate communication skills listening, speaking, and writing.
- Effectively communicate with the team.
- Conduct meetings.
- Make decisions.
- Manage time.
- Support Organizational Change.
- Encourage inter-departmental collaboration.
- Exhibit Professionalism.
- Manage with ethics and integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, and participation statistics. Also, familiarity with financial concepts such as budget development/forecasting, depreciation, contribution margin, etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to work with the public with tact and judgment. Excellent organizational skills required.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be able to operate work-related equipment; and effectively communicate verbally with customers and employees of the university. The employee must be able to frequently move about the office with capability of transporting files or objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: The employee works in a standard office. Unexpected interruptions occur frequently and the stress level is moderate. Evening and Weekend hours are expected.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to oversee, manage, and motivate direct reports and Richie Center staff. Facilitate and execute high level meetings by leading with honesty, integrity, and forward-thinking.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of operations experience.
- CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood Borne Pathogen; Concussion Training.
- Accounting basics.
- Master's degree.
- 5 years of operations experience.
- Blood Borne Pathogen Instructor.
- Systems Knowledge in RecTrac, EBMS, WebTrac.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Position will be required to work a varied schedule that will include evenings, nights, and weekends.
Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $52,500 - $62,500.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.