University of Denver is the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, with approximately 12,000 students in the undergraduate and graduate programs. DU is classified as a Doctoral/Research University with high research activity. The Daniels College of Business is one of the largest colleges within the University, with 1,600 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students. We offer a variety of majors and minors, including eight bachelor’s degrees, four MBA degree programs, six specialized master’s degrees and seven graduate certificates.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the employer relations team in its internal and external marketing efforts. This position is responsible for developing and implementing an employer-facing newsletter, marketing campaigns, including social media, website, digital and print materials. This is a part-time position that is 20 hours per week, with some flexibility during the recruiting season.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Create marketing materials, both print and digital, for both internal and external marketing efforts, in strong alignment with the current Daniels brand.
- Deliver marketing materials to aligning audiences/stakeholders.
- Manage the overall Daniels Career Services social media strategy
- Create and publish social media content (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media platforms) to align with Employer Relations and Daniels Career Services goals.
- Utilize all social media platform statistics and occasionally present them to team.
- Manage the Daniels Career Services scheduling, posting, creative asset development, and all other aspects of running a lively content marketing program.
- Coordinate and manage career-related content for a newsletter, career services blog and marketing collateral.
- Create content for digital signage and manage publishing schedule.
- Manage and professionally develop a student employee who supports the marketing responsibilities.
- Provide event support.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency using Adobe Illustrator with a solid graphic design background.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite and Microsoft Office.
- Strong understanding of business principles with a focus in marketing.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent writing, creativity, presentation skills, and command of the English language.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of daily issues.
- Passionate and driven.
- Demonstrated willingness to do what it takes to drive initiatives to succeed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in marketing, graphic design, public relations, social media, communications, or related field.
This is a part-time position that works about 20 hours per week (Monday-Friday), with some flexibility during the recruiting season.
This position will remain open until filled, preference will be given to early applicants.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly rate for this position is $22.00 - $25.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
*A design project will be requested for candidates in the second round interview.
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university’s complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see https://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.