The Office of Graduate Education (OGE) strives to provide exceptional leadership and service in advocating for excellence and integrity in all graduate programs at the University of Denver (DU). Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity, and inclusion, the OGE maintains the highest standards in enrollment management and student services, focused on providing an excellent experience from inquiry to alumni association.
This is a temporary non-benefitted position in the Office of Graduate Education. Must be available to work Monday through Friday from November 8, 2021 through March 31, 2022, except for University holidays and closures. This position will work closely with the admissions team to help review and prepare admission files for graduate programs during the peak admissions season. The successful candidate must have strong attention to detail, work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment, and have excellent customer service skills.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
While upholding and following University policies and procedures, the following duties are required for this position:
- Review and examine prospective students’ graduate applications and academic records utilizing established standards and guidelines to ensure applicants meet minimum University standards.
- Prepare admission files for academic units by organizing application materials, reviewing for completion, completing necessary data entry and notifying applicants of any missing items.
- Process admissions files in a timely and accurate manner based on priorities set by admissions team.
- Respond to a high volume of e-mail inquiries regarding graduate admission applications.
- Review and prepare admitted applicant files for final OGE approval.
- Serve as a back-up receptionist, answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Perform other projects, as assigned, to support the admissions team and OGE.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of one year of administrative or clerical experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- University admissions experience
- Experience using admissions CRM systems such as Slate
- Strong computer proficiency skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Can quickly learn and use new software systems including the University’s admissions CRM system, Slate
- Exercises discretion and good judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
This position will work 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday from November 8, 2021 through March 31, 2022, except for University holidays and closures.
The hourly range for this position is $17.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
This position will remain open until filled, preference will be given to early applicants.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
*Please contact Ellen Ahn at email@example.com with questions regarding this position.
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university’s complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see https://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.