Information Technology (IT) supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University through providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DU’s Impact 2025, the division partners with administrative and academic units to align strategic goals and operational plans, providing unified service in the spirit of One DU.
The Digital Media Services Department, located within the Anderson Academic Commons, provides customer focused support for audio, digital, and visual technology resources campus-wide, at the University of Denver, which includes: general and a variety of non-general classrooms, audio visual event resources and requests, video production services, video streaming for live events, audio visual services for commencement, video teleconferencing, audio visual design consultation services, and senior level and board of trustee meetings on and off campus.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
This position is responsible for delivering audio/visual technology support for University classes, events, conferencing events, and special events, along with support for video conferencing services. The applicant will provide effective classroom support to faculty and students within university smart classrooms.
- Professional Customer Services.
- Set up, test and operate A/V equipment.
- Maintain Audio/Visual Equipment.
- Instruct faculty, staff and students in the operations of A/V equipment including projectors, document cameras, DVD/Blu-Ray players, Flat Screen Monitors, mixers, microphones, laptops, and computers.
- Mixing, regulating, coordinating of sound inputs.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Perform related work as required or assigned.
- Must be able to communicate with diplomacy, tact, and judgment, both in person and on the telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with, and working knowledge of audio visual, video, and computer equipment preferable in a college or university environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experienced in troubleshooting problems.
- Experience with classroom technology.
- Navigation of OS and Windows based operating systems.
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Flexibility of schedule and able to accommodate nights, and/or weekend shifts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in producing digital media and technology.
- Live sound engineering
- Stage Hand Experience is a plus
- Video Conferencing Experience
- Video Streaming Experience
- Video Production Experience
- 35mm Film Projection Experience
- Previous work in an academic environment
This is an academic work environment with cyclical periods of increased workloads with the possibility of stressful situations. The department is highly automated with attention paid to ergonomics and safety. The unit is one of several working collaboratively and cooperatively in a team-based organization. The work environment consists of surroundings with moderate noise levels and frequent contact with electrical devices.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds and perform work of a physical nature. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth, color, peripheral and ability to adjust focus.
This position will typically work Friday-Sunday 3-10 pm per week.
The hourly range for this position is $16.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
This position will remain open until filled, for best consideration please submit your materials by Monday November 1st, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through https://www.du.edu/jobs/ to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university’s complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see https://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.