The Shared Services Center is comprised of a diverse group of experts in multiple fields. Our passion is working together and collaborating with other departments to reduce administrative burden on Faculty and Staff, so that they can focus on supporting the education of our students. We strive to be a trusted and innovative partner delivering exemplary administrative services in support of the DU community. The Shared Services Center is committed to maintaining a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to effectively engage with individuals from diverse communities.
The Payments Specialist performs professional duties related to the administration, maintenance and payment of DU financial obligations relating to vendor payments and travel and expense reimbursement. Focus is on timely and efficient audit payment of invoices and other obligations as well as high quality service provided to internal customers.
- Acts as a liaison to internal customers in matters pertaining to payment obligations and travel/expense reimbursements
- Ensures payments adhere to DU policies and procedures
- Enters invoices to be paid
- Reviews payment transactions for accuracy and compliance
- Reconciles vendor statements
- Prints and mails payments according to department schedule
- Answers inquiries from units and outside vendors regarding accounts payable and related matters
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of payments workflow and practices
- Knowledge of university policies
- Understanding and knowledge of business processes and systems
- Understanding and appreciation for automation and the use of technology as an enabler of high-quality services and performance levels
- Knowledge of higher education culture, governance, structures and mission
- Focus on customer service and compliance
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Decision Making/Judgment: Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, and communicates decisions to others.
- Inclusiveness: Actively creates and supports an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. This may include policies, procedures, training, mission, values, goals, office climate and culture, interactions with colleagues and co-workers, leadership practices, programming, hiring, marketing, evaluation, promotion, and other workplace dimensions.
- Integrity/Ethics: Follows through on commitments and communicates honestly and encourages others to do so. Demonstrates integrity and ethics, and acts in support of the University's best interest.
- Customer Focus: Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
- Teamwork/Engagement: Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals. Displays enthusiasm about being part of the team. Treats others with respect. Supports the work of team members and personally contributes an appropriate share of the work to team projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of direct job-related experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-4 years of direct experience in a purchasing or payments role.
- Experience in higher education working environment.
- Experience with Banner Finance.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, December 6, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 5.
The hourly range for the position is $18.90 - $22.98.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.