Information Technology (IT) supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University through providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DU’s Impact 2025, the division partners with administrative and academic units to align strategic goals and operational plans, providing unified service in the spirit of “One DU”.
Reporting to the Digital Media Services Director and Video Technician Lead, this hourly position will be responsible for providing support to patrons of the Anderson Academic Commons that are seeking assistance with media-based technologies at the Digital Media Center. This position may have to provide weekend and evening shift support.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Provide technical assistance and support with Digital Media Center software which includes:
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- After Effects
- Proficient in nonlinear video editing software:
- Premier Pro
- Final Cut X
- Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Assist with monitoring and supporting iMacs in computer lab.
- Troubleshoot and fix incidents when possible, or escalate incidents to the appropriate channel if necessary.
- Coordinate and track and checkout university field production equipment.
- Work on an individual basis with students, faculty, and staff to ensure familiarity and confidence with software supported by the Media Center.
- Perform related work as required or assigned.
- Host and organize Adobe 101 clinics with classes and individual students
- Assist in video production using the Video Creation Studio
- High school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated experience and ability with graphic design and instruction.
- Familiarity with editing animating and using audio tools such as Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Audition etc.
- Familiarity with publishing tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc. Familiarity with Microsoft Office software products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in producing digital media and technology preferred.
- Experience with image and graphics creation and editing.
- Some experience with programmatic languages, 3D modeling, or 3D printing is a plus.
The work environment is an academic library with cyclical periods of increased workloads with the possibility of stressful situations. The department is highly automated with attention paid to ergonomics and safety. The unit is one of several working collaboratively and cooperatively in a team-based organization. The work environment consists of surroundings with moderate noise levels and frequent contact with electrical devices.
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
- Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
This position will be part-time, working about 10-20 hours per week.
The hourly rate for this position will be $20.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
This position will remain open until filled, preference will be given to early applicants.
Candidates must apply online through https://www.du.edu/jobs/ to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university’s complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see https://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.