The Director will be responsible for leadership of the overall daily management, promotion and operation of Ritchie Center Events; including oversight of all operating units including, without limitation; sales ($2MM+), event booking, marketing and event promotion, finance and accounting ($3.5MM+), human resources, food and beverage, box office, advertising, security, purchasing, event production, spectator venue plant operation and maintenance, summer camp management, parking and related operations.
This position will serve as the primary administrator responsible for the successful operation of NCAA Division I events (150+ annually), University Events (50+ annually), and Community Events (200+ annually).
This position delivers an exceptional customer experience to all visitors of the Ritchie Center through managing the front line interactions that customers will have. These include parking, facility entry and access, transaction experience, facility quality, communication, safety, and servicing each customers needs.
Create An Exceptional Fan/Guest/Client/Attendee Experience
- Create a culture of service above self
- Monitor Event Attendee Satisfaction
- Handle Concerns and Complaints
Manage Event Operations
- Maintain Standards, Policies & Procedures
- Eliminate or Control Business Risk
- Operate a Safe Environment
- Maintain Venues and Vendor Agreements & Services
- Monitor Event Operations
- Oversee Maintenance of Spectator Venues and Equipment
- Oversee Service Contracts
- Comply with Legislation and Regulatory Requirements
- Demonstrate Environmental Responsibility
- Develop Concepts for RWC Events Products and Services
- Assist in the Development of the Ritchie Center Capital Plan
- Procure Services, Contract Suppliers
- Create and Manage Budgets
- Control Expenses
- Optimize Revenues
- Manage and reconcile agreements
- Promote workplace performance
- Prepare event staffing plans, scheduling guidelines, and monitor staffing plan
- Staff and volunteer recruitment
- Develop checklists, standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Develop and Implement training programs and coach staff and volunteers
- Conduct performance reviews
- Manage diversity in the workplace
Marketing & Promotional Activities
- Implement an annual Integrated marketing plan
- Coordinate promotions
- Monitor online presence and social media
- Implement sales activities to achieve sales and retention goals
- Create and maintain incentive and/or loyalty programs
- Exhibit Professionalism
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong Leadership Qualities
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Highly Organized
- Strong Work Ethic
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Meticulous Attention to Detail
- Computer Literate with multiple systems
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- Masters degree - Field of study: Event Management; Sports Management; Business
- Greater than 8 years work experience
- First Aid; AED; CPR; Blood Borne Pathogen
- Certified Venue Professional
Varied, including nights and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Friday, February 4th, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 12.
The salary range for this position is $80,000-$87,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.