The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is a vibrant community of scholars and teachers committed to having a diverse faculty and student body. The Schools curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social, racial and economic justice, along with an understanding of and respect for social, political, and cultural diversity both nationally and internationally. GSSW provides an intellectual, collegial, and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and international educational opportunities. GSSW engages in collaborative projects locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. GSSW and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of faculty and staff.
The Marketing & Communications Manager at the Graduate School of Social Work works closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to develop, execute, and evaluate internal and external communications for a variety of constituency groups including prospective students, alumni and GSSW faculty/staff. This person will develop and drive the social media strategy and execute all content generation for GSSW social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The Marketing & Communications Manager will also manage projects with third-party contractors and manage data analytics within the department this includes reporting and optimization for newsletters and social media campaigns.
- Create and maintain GSSW social media strategy: write social media posts, develop robust social campaigns, set up and maintain social listening software, create a social media content calendar, and present quarterly reporting on social performance.
- Create and maintain marketing strategy for events hosted by the Office of Community Engagement: write ad copy, deploy ads on social media platforms, monitor live-stream conversations on the day of (as needed), maintain all event website content, analyze ad performance, and present performance reports to the Director of Community Engagement to help guide future advertising strategy.
- Manage email approval and monitor/encourage best practices for all email publications produced by GSSW institutes and centers.
- Build the external newsletter in CRM systems including Anthology (previously IModules) and Slate (HTML knowledge is not required). Gather performance data for the monthly external newsletter using excel, create pivot tables and other graphs to help visualize data.
- Primary project manager for the bi-weekly internal newsletter which includes aggregating and editing content and deploying the newsletter to internal stakeholders. Prepare and present quarterly performance reports to Director of Marketing, Chief of Staff and Dean.
- Track website content and initiate timely website updates.
- Collaborate with internal GSSW departments, such as the Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and third-party contractors to develop creative designs and content that aligns with GSSW marketing goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with email software.
- Experience with marketing data analysis and optimization.
- Experience with website content management systems.
- Experience with marketing campaign execution.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms and Google Analytics.
- Critical thinker who identifies when a users experience could be improved and identifies/executes a solution.
- Able to work independently on several projects simultaneously.
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ or more years of marketing and communications experience
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) June 30, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$60,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.