Preparing for and teaching 1 course per academic year for the Office of Internationalization -Grading assignments -Being available for Office Hours -Coordinating with fellow instructors -Attend weekly faculty meetings and quarterly debriefs -Assisting with learning outcome assessment -Attend professional development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to teach in affective learning environments utilizing an interactive classroom
- Experience working on issues of identity, intercultural communication or global citizenship
- Willingness to engage in interdisciplinary approaches
- Demonstrated ability to engage in various modes of learning delivery
- Openness to modeling self-reflection
- MA in International Education or a related field
- or an MA in another field and significant work related to International Education
- Post-MA coursework, PhD or equivalent in a field related to international education
- Experience teaching on issues of identity, intercultural communication or global citizenship
- Significant experience abroad
- Ability to speak, read and write at least one language other than English
- Varies with class schedule
The compensation for one course is $2,180.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis, this position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must apply online through https://www.du.edu/jobs/ to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university’s complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see https://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.