About DU Advancement
In preparation for the most ambitious philanthropic campaign in the University’s history, the University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU’s remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision and prepare for a fundraising campaign with a bold and courageous goal.
The University of Denver and DU Advancement deeply value inclusive excellence, recognizing that its success is dependent on how well it values, engages, and includes the rich diversity of constituents. You can learn more about inclusive excellence at the University of Denver by visiting the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of inclusive, collaborative, inquisitive, innovative, ethical, and transparent advancement professionals who possess deep mutual respect for one another and for our shared profession.
About the Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Employer Connections, the Program Coordinator will act as an extension of the Employer Connections team by providing administrative support for employer relationship building as well as owning logistic details of major events (Career Fairs). The Program Coordinator will also develop strong internal ties throughout the University of Denver to help employers navigate the complexities of our campus. S/he will represent the Employer Connections team through varied communication channels so high levels of written and oral communication skills are key to the success of this role. S/he will also collaborate as a liaison to employer relations professionals embedded in the Sturm College of Law, Daniels College of Business, and Korbel School of International Studies.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, multi-tasking environment and work with different teams within the Career & Professional Development community. Must be available to work some evenings with responsibilities to assist with employers and events. Must demonstrate a commitment to the principles of multiculturalism and diversity through involvement and participation in university/division-wide projects and initiatives. To review Inclusive Excellence at DU, please visit http://www.du.edu/cme/ie_du.html
Systems Support - 40%
- Maintain team communication channels such as email, phone and in-person inquiries
- Maintain new employer and internship/jobs submissions through our system
- Create, implement and enhance standardized processes for team surrounding communication and systems
- Support team in increasing the efficiencies and process for all Employer Connection programs
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
Career Fair Program Support - 50%
- With support from our team, manage planning process for three major career fairs throughout the year.
- Maintain and enhance systems and processes surrounding career fairs
- Manage communication process between external clients and internal network for seamless execution of event with the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Coordinate logistics support both internally and externally for major events
- Support employer partners with varied needs for events
- Manage payment collection and reconciliation process
Partnerships & University Citizenship – 10%
- Manage relationships and build partnerships across the university including other internal career services offices, faculty and staff.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and other campus colleagues, to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative practices.
- Model One DU leadership.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from employers, staff, faculty, students, alumni, and the general public in an engaging and professional manner.
- High level of emotional intelligence demonstrated in previous work experiences, as well as outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, exhibiting strategic thinking, sound judgment, initiative, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of pertinent EEO laws and National Association for Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with systems, databases, software, social media, and technologies used to manage employers, recruiting, including career management systems such as 12Twenty, Handshake, Symplicity or other similar technologies.
- Knowledge of the DU Impact 2025 strategic plan.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, creative, and comfortable with change.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience (Veterans with equivalent combination of military certification/education and experience may substitute for the degree qualification)
- 2 years of professional work experience in an administrative or office support role.
- Demonstrated customer service background.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent amount of coursework toward a bachelor’s degree.
- Higher education experience within career services
- Demonstrated experience with navigating customer services technology.
- Proven experience building successful relationships with external stakeholders.
- This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- DU's business hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. MT
The hourly range for the position is $22.00 - $24.50/hour.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday June 29th, 2022. This position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.