The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 34 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 18 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
At the Division of Athletics, we build Pioneers for Life through excellence, character, and connection. We operate with a championship mindset; and we create and foster a winning culture every day. Inspired by our location in the Rocky Mountain West, we always find a better way forward; we work with optimism, passion, grit, and integrity. We forge lasting relationships one interaction at time; and our value to the University of Denver is the degree to which we offer connection points to a broad and diverse community. That's why were always looking ahead, and not just to the next championship or what's next in sports and wellness. Were also looking at what's next for you and how we can help you build a career you're proud of.
The Division of Athletics at the University of Denver is looking for an Assistant Director of Business Operations to join our team. This position will assist in administering functions directly associated with the fiscal operations of the Division ensuring compliance with all NCAA, Division and University policies/procedures. Specific duties include, but not are not limited to the following: Administer contracts through the work flow process, including all intercollegiate game contracts; Manage communication between divisional colleagues and on campus departments, including legal/purchasing/shared services to complete contracts; Serve as the direct contact for external entities for all team travel for the division and post all team travel related expenses; Manage and organize the declining balance card/per diem card program used to administer funds to coaches and athletes during their business related travel; Process invoices for the Division including medical insurance related expenses; Assist with zero-based budget development with sports regarding invoices/services/third party providers; Assist with writing divisional policies and procedures; Assist with the creation of training materials/guides for divisional colleagues and coaching staff to help navigate financial systems. We are looking to hire an individual who embodies our team values of character, teamwork, and excellence, is passionate about athletics, and has a positive attitude. This role will require a high level of organization, strong communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Administer all contracts through the work flow process.
- Assist in obtaining the required documentation for contractual approval.
- Educate and assist divisional colleagues in navigating the process with Legal/Purchasing/Shared Services.
- Develop a tracking system to notify relevant stakeholders in fulfilling contracts/expiration dates/etc.
- Assist with paying invoices for the Division including bus and hotel agreements, recruiting services, equipment, etc.
- Assist business office colleagues with the three annual projections based on knowledge of invoice payments and contractual agreements.
Team Travel Operations
- Serve as the University's point of contact for all third party travel related vendors.
- Coordinate all travel booking with third party providers and coaching staff.
- Reconcile and post all travel expenses, including supervision of work study students.
- US Bank/Declining Balance Cards.
- Manage and organize the declining balance card/per diem card program used to administer funds to coaches and athletes during their business-related travel.
- Coordinate all medical billing, including all purchase orders for the payment of medical procedures and bill tracking and data collection regarding payments.
- Input medical insurance information and demographics into injury tracking software.
- Assist in the annual zero-based budgeting process regarding current invoices/contracts for the division.
- Assist in annual NCAA/EDAA audit regarding providing documentation to auditors.
- Assist in the year end close process, including paying and closing all purchase orders/invoices.
Policies & Procedures/Training
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures as designated.
- Assist in the creation of training materials for various financial processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize a high volume of work and perform efficiently
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent communicator
- Creative problem solving and the ability to exercise good decision making under pressure
- Knowledge of NCAA Rules & Regulations
- Knowledge of University & Divisional Policies and Procedures
- Masters degree
- 2 years of business experience
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) July 6, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary rate for this position is $55,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.