Conference & Event Services (CES) delivers exceptional service, resources and support to events on the University of Denver (DU) campus. While upholding the University’s integrity, values and inclusive engagement, CES cultivates strategic relationships with its internal DU partners to ensure the success of outreach to local, national, and global organizations. CES provides services to clients for the exploration, discussion, and enactment of issues and topics germane to a variety of important areas that include civic, political, non-profit, educational, and business.
This position will provide administrative support to Conference and Event Services and assist with all aspects of room scheduling for events.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Administrative support for the department (25%) to include creating and distributing reports, creating sales proposals from template, data entry in multiple software, programming cards
- Room scheduling (75%) to include vetting event requests, confirming space, emailing event information from template, answering scheduling questions and explaining policy over email, resolving conflicts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to maintain a consistent schedule
- Basic Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and work in a fast-paced environment; must have excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Comfortable processing large volume of event requests
- Comfortable saying no and offering up alternatives
- Tech savvy to learn and utilize multiple software
- High school diploma
- At least 2 years of administrative or event experience or equivalent education.
- Event background is helpful but not required
- Knowledge of DU campus building preferred
- Familiarity with DU 25Live software is preferred
Position will be 100% remote. Work schedule is Monday-Friday with 3-4 hours each day, time of day is flexible (morning/afternoon).
The hourly range for the position is $18.00-$21.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
This position will remain open until filled, preference will be given to early applicants.
Candidates must apply online through https://www.du.edu/jobs/ to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university’s complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see https://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.