The Data Science graduate programs in the Daniel Felix Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science are currently accepting applications for adjunct instructors for online and in-person courses. The Ritchie School is building an academically and culturally diverse faculty and staff with a strong commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. Thus, we especially encourage applicants from minoritized populations, which in computing includes all women, whose shared lived experiences may increase their ability to mentor students.
For more information on our Data Science courses and curriculum, please visit https://ritchieonline.du.edu/data-science/curriculum/
Adjunct faculty in the Data Science graduate program are subject matter experts in their field and integrate professionally relevant, diverse examples into their teaching and discussions. They meet the following expectations:
- Prepare for and facilitate course lectures and inclusive learning online or in-person
- Maintain regular office hours and consistent presence in assigned course(s)
- Model and promote critical thinking as well as skill development
- Provide specific, relevant, and timely feedback and grading
- Model and uphold academic standards and practices
- Masters degree in a data science related field (e.g., statistics, computer science, data science) and relevant professional experience.
- Content expertise in assigned course(s)
- Expertise in the Python programming language and related data science packages (e.g., SciPy, Tensorflow, Numpy, Pandas.
- Terminal degree in related field or a terminal degree and industry experience.
- Evidence of success facilitating learning and mentoring opportunities for adults who seek an advanced degree.
- Experience supporting justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in education and/or other professional settings.
Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
$5,500 per course section and 10-week term.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.