In preparation for the most ambitious philanthropic campaign in the University’s history, the University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU’s remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision and prepare for a fundraising campaign with a bold and courageous goal.
The University of Denver and DU Advancement deeply value inclusive excellence, recognizing that its success is dependent on how well it values, engages, and includes the rich diversity of constituents. You can learn more about inclusive excellence at the University of Denver by visiting the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of inclusive, collaborative, inquisitive, innovative, ethical, and transparent advancement professionals who possess deep mutual respect for one another and for our shared profession.
The Alumni Engagement Coordinator supports a team of advancement professionals serving a global network of DU alumni, families, donors, students and friends. The Coordinator manages several business functions within their assigned team including scheduling, customer service, and general correspondence. In addition to these business functions, the Coordinator is also responsible for partnering with the leader in their area to support them in efficiently and effectively managing their portfolio of responsibility. This may include assisting with programmatic strategies, executing stewardship and engagement activities, completing call reports, data entry and other activities.
The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will also be responsible for crafting and preparing high-quality professional documents, reports, and presentations as needed and will assist in managing special projects. Special projects may include (but are not limited to) organizing and facilitating small events, trainings, and other team activities; conducting research on donors, prospects, and alumni; recommending and implementing business process improvements. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator is also responsible for partnering with the operations team within Advancement to manage expense transactions, monitor budget activity, and prepare financial projections for his/her assigned team.
This employee must be able to multi-task and prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Attention to detail, commitment to quality, and ability to take initiative are essential to success in this position. The Alumni Engagement Coordinator must also be an effective, professional, and diplomatic liaison to a variety of audiences including University leadership, advancement staff, donors, alumni, parents, and other constituents.
- Provides excellent customer service to University leadership, advancement staff, campus colleagues, alumni, donors, visitors and others. Responds knowledgably and professionally to inquiries over email, telephone, and in-person.
- Helps to initiate and facilitate administrative processes such as marketing and event requests, contract reviews, research requests, data pulls, etc.
- Recruit and manage student administrative assistants (work study students) who will assist in centralized projects for the Unit Based Engagement Team.
- Supports the leader in his/her assigned team to effectively manage their portfolio of responsibilities. This may include specific assignments related to monitoring team-based and division goals, monitoring project tasks and timelines, constituent moves management, research and data compilation, data entry, and business process improvements.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and may manage calendar activities.
- Creates and delivers high-quality professional reports, presentations, and other documents for internal and external audiences.
- Organize and facilitate trainings, meetings, and small events as needed.
- Assist alumni engagement team in centralized programming and signature events, including event strategy, communications planning, and general marketing.
- Research and prepare reports on specific topics (e.g., benchmarking/best-practices at other institutions, donors/alumni, giving histories/constituent information, etc).
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model “One DU” leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- An understanding and attitude of customer service; ability to be very flexible and adapt to change.
- Must be able to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Willingness to take initiative, keep a positive attitude, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using judgment in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (Veterans with equivalent combination of military certification/education and experience may substitute for the degree qualification).
- 1 year of professional administrative experience in a non-profit, sales, or education setting.
- Experience working at a university in an alumni and/or constituency engagement capacity.
- Volunteer experience or involvement with an alumni and/or constituency engagement community.
- Event or marketing communications experience, including knowledge of mass email platforms and event promotion and registration processes.
- Standard office environment
- Noise level is quiet to moderate
- Some nights and weekend event attendance
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
- Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) October 4, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The hourly range for the position is $20.43 - $25.50 per hour.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.