The University of Denver’s Morgridge College of Education (http://www.du.edu/education/">MCE) invites applications for a temporary Marketing and Communications professional. MCE is a leader in innovative and effective approaches for promoting learning throughout the lifespan. Transcending traditional ideas about education and schooling, we embrace a new, comprehensive vision of learning as a lifelong activity that involves the whole person and can occur through a variety of methods, anywhere and at any time. We promote educational change and social equity in addition to providing leadership for the improvement of education, mental health, and information services and systems.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management and Marketing, this temporary position provides marketing and communication deliverables. This position will manage the MCE website and will create and utilize digital and printed collateral and other creative means to effectively share information and build engagement with prospective and current students, staff, faculty and other community members. This position will work alongside a small team of part-time and full-time staff.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- In partnership with the Assistant Dean and other enrollment professionals, execute strategic marketing and communication collateral for MCE and its programs.
- Oversee digital marketing activities, specifically focusing on the MCE website and storytelling.
- Support and commit to the ideals of inclusivity and display cultural competencies in all communications.
- Author and disseminate MCE e-communications based on marketing needs.
- Manage assessment and respond to data accordingly.
- Maintain the MCE visual identity guidelines in conjunction with University guidelines.
- Serve as a partner and manage workflows with departmental faculty who seek marketing and communications support.
- Manage assessment of marketing efforts by closely tracking campaigns and responding to data.
- Engage with software tools, such as Google Analytics, Canva, Hootsuite.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellent writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
- Experience and comfort using and managing analytics to drive marketing and communication innovation, combined with the ability to generate creative ideas and also lead execution against these ideas.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Excellent collaborator, including the ability to collaborate with peers and senior leaders in achieving objectives.
- Ability to be a thought-partner with the Assistant Dean and the marketing team in terms of overall strategy development for promoting MCE.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited school in the field of marketing, communication, journalism, liberal arts and/or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of marketing and/or communications and/or related experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with diverse populations and constituents.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- 5-7 years of marketing and/or communications and/or related experience.
- Experience working in a nonprofit or higher education setting.
- Print publication and/or writing and/or editing experience.
- Online writing and/or editing and/or publishing experience.
Work Schedule and Modality
To be coordinated with the hiring manager. University of Denver's business hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. MT.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by September 26, 2022. This position will remain open until filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
The hourly rate for this position is $30 -$35 per hour.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
To receive full consideration, please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see http://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.