A national leader in experiential and interdisciplinary legal education, the University of Denver Sturm College of Law is widely regarded as one of the nation’s most innovative and ascendant law schools. Located in one of the nation’s most beautiful and economically dynamic cities, the Sturm College of Law offers a Top 75 full-time JD program, a Top 10 part-time JD program, a set of pioneering and nationally recognized Master’s degree programs, and certificate programs. The law school features an accomplished and highly professional staff, a community of nationally recognized scholar-teachers, an outstanding and diverse student body, and roughly 17,000 alumni who have achieved careers of distinction in law, business, government, public interest, and other professional domains.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications will write, edit, design, and distribute a variety of communications relating to the Sturm College of Law targeted toward prospective students, alumni, institutional partners, and other stakeholders. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and updating the Sturm College of Law website. The Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications will also manage a full range of social media formats, conveying the significance of Sturm College of Law programming to prospective students, as well as the accomplishments of law school faculty and students to both internal and external audiences.
- Develop and execute a social media plan, objectives in collaboration with the Director of Marketing & Communications, designed to enhance the law school’s visibility and advance its strategic.
- Primary lead on creating captivating stories, features, and shorter pieces for the law school’s website and social media platforms.
- Serve as primary contact for the Sturm College of Law website, including maintenance and updates.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing & Communications on developing and executing marketing campaigns.
- Manage the law school’s social media platforms, including paid marketing campaigns.
- Apply effective analytic tools to track the impact of the law school’s marketing efforts and adapt strategies as appropriate.
- Independently connect with all law school constituents, both internal and external, to generate marketing content.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong grammatical, editing, and proofreading abilities
- Advanced skills in Drupal CMS platform
- Experience in planning, organizing, and managing processes that bring about the successful completion of specific deliverables
- Detailed knowledge of marketing processes across multiple platforms including websites, social media, and mobile
- In-depth knowledge of digital audience behavior and the ability to apply insights to develop more user-friendly, accessible experiences
- Ability to function in a high-paced, collaborative work environment
- Proven capacity to forge mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with relevant technologies, including Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media applications (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Five (5) years of progressive work experience, with at least two years in a position that required the creation and dissemination of digital media content
- Expert management of leading social media platforms
- A strong commitment to diversity and inclusivity
- Expertise with Drupal CMS platform
- Experience in higher education
- Experience with photography and graphic design
Typical work hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Some evening and occasional weekend hours are required.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 10
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $68,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit, and public transit pass.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) references
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.