The Daniels College of Business offers ten graduate degree programs including a Master of Business Administration, Executive Master of Business Administration, Professional Master of Business Administration, Online Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Accountancy, Master of Science in Management, Master of Science in Applied Qualitative Finance, Master of Science in Business Analytics, Master of Science in the Built Environment, Executive Master of Science in the Built Environment, and Master of Science in Marketing as well as non-degree executive education and professional development programs. Daniels currently enrolls undergraduate students in eight majors: accountancy, business information and analytics, finance, hospitality management, international business, management, marketing, and real estate and the built environment.
The Manager of Corporate and Community Relations reports to the Director of Corporate and Community Relations. This position enables the Corporate and Community Relations team to continue providing quality service to our growing list of new and existing companies/organizations and allows senior managers to focus on relationship development in Colorado, the U.S., and beyond. Responsibilities include working with employer representatives, hiring managers, human resources personnel, and high-level executives to coordinate all aspects of the employer relationship. This includes managing logistics of on-campus visits and other Corporate and Community Relations-sponsored activities, assessing applicability of incoming job/internship postings, and guiding and training posting assistant(s). This role acts as a key point person in understanding and evaluating company/organization needs, managing student employees, and acting independently to execute optimal solutions. This role also serves as the principal contact and database manager for online recruiting and CRM systems (12Twenty) and participates with senior Corporate and Community Relations personnel in strategy development, assessment of employer satisfaction, employer communications planning, and campus visit planning/scheduling. Each company interaction must be executed with the utmost professionalism and a high level of customer service.
- Use independent judgment and experiential knowledge to develop and streamline corporate and community relations processes and procedures to ensure the most effective and impactful partner and employer on-campus experience.
- Make recommendations to upper management regarding process/procedural effectiveness and efficiency, needs for improvement, suggestions for change, and plans for implementation, including evaluation of CRM systems, job board systems and communication plans.
- Develop and/or update relevant policies, processes, and procedures necessary to the functioning of the department.
- Ensure compliance with University data management systems, managing data upload/download and consolidation between different systems (Banner, Piosphere, 12Twenty, Salesforce).
- Serve as the principal contact and database manager for online campus recruiting system software
- Become familiar with recruiting software and serve as the trainer for other system users--both internal (other staff) and external (employers).
- Work with other members of the Corporate and Community Relations team to ensure proper usage and population of employer contact information, employer communication exchanges, job posting notes, student notes, and other CRM data.
- Develop and distribute key reports (e.g., student and employer usage statistics, number of applications per posting, placement information, weekly job/internship posting report, etc.).
- Manage the administration of the Daniels Corporate Partner Program.
- Manage and sustain systems for efficient tracking of outreach activities, inquiries, engagements, and results.
- Provide logistical support for annual Colorado Business School Career Fair, multiple Meet & Greet tabling events, and additional
- Corporate and Community Relations team events as needed.
- Manage the hiring process and professional development of a team of student employees.
- Participate with senior Corporate and Community Relations Team personnel in strategy development, employer communications planning, and the planning/scheduling of quarterly campus visits.
- Manage and oversee the processes and procedures associated with the “guest experience” for alumni, partners, and employers visiting campus.
- Manage other administrative tasks which are required by all employees in the office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions for groups of students, faculty, alumni, employers, and the general public
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence demonstrated in previous work experiences, as well as outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Familiarity with university business degree programs
- Well-organized with a superb attention to detail
- Motivated by and passionate about providing quality customer service to external and internal constituents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree or combination of relevant work experience and education
- 1-2 years of external client relations experience
- 2-4 years client relations experience, event planning, and demonstrated successful track record in these positions
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems, specifically higher education recruiting software, Salesforce and/or CRM systems
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) January 13, 2023. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$54,000
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.