The Academic Services Associate will provide administrative and student support for faculty, staff, and students enrolled in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ELPS) in the Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver. In addition to serving as the primary point of contact for program requests, this position will also be responsible for the collection, storage, and maintenance of important information including student files, program syllabi, and course schedules. In conjunction with other MCE Academic Services Associates, this position helps plan and coordinate various college-wide functions including orientation and graduation.
The University of Denver's Morgridge College of Education (MCE) invites applications for an Academic Services Associate for the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ELPS). The Academic Services Associate will serve as the hub of the ELPS Department reporting to the Department Chair and providing quality customer service both within MCE and externally to DU and the community.
- Provide administrative support for ELPS Department Chair and Program Leads including but not limited to scheduling department and program meetings; preparation and submission of documents or presentations for conferences; communicating information on behalf of Department Chair and keeping Department Chair apprised of changes to DU policies/procedures that will affect MCE Programs.
- Serve as main internal point of contact for all ELPS degree program inquiries and requests from internal and external MCE and DU constituents.
- Provide departmental support and student services including but not limited to quarterly faculty class scheduling; communicating information, requirements, and deadlines on quarterly academic processes in a timely manner; assisting with questions related to student status, academic progress, and student course registration; provide search committee support for faculty searches; maintain student and academic records; and manage program and ELPS departmental list serve and email distribution lists
- Collaborate with other MCE Academic Services Associates to jointly organize college events and official functions.
- Ensure important dates, deadlines, and correct information is communicated effectively through MCE website and Ruffatto hall digital signage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to assist faculty, students, and visitors in a manner consistent with the values of the Department and MCE.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, plan work within larger contexts of known program goals, make thoughtful decisions, and work independently.
- Quality mathematical skills for understanding program budgets, facilitating purchasing functions, reviewing electronic timesheets, and creating Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proof reading ability desired.
- Two years of higher education or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Two years of administrative experience in an office environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with office equipment including computers, printer, copier, fax machine, and
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous professional experience in higher education and/or student services.
- Knowledge of Banner system and university policies and procedures.
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) February 10, 2023. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 5.
The hourly range for the position is $19.92 - $22.50.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.