The Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver is an interdisciplinary professional school of international studies that prepares students for careers in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Our program provides students with the knowledge, skills, and networks to design policies, implement programs, and realize outcomes that enhance human capabilities around the world. We offer a PhD degree in International Studies and Master’s degrees in International Development, Human Rights, International Studies, Global Finance, Trade & Economic Integration, Security, and Public Policy. We also offer graduate certificate programs in Global Health Affairs, Humanitarian Assistance, Global Business and Corporate Social Responsibility, Homeland Security, Global Environmental Change and Adaptation, and Religion and International Affairs. We offer both International Studies and Public Policy majors and minors at the undergraduate level.
The Student Affairs Manager supports the overall mission of the Student Affairs office by assisting and advising students with all aspects of their experience as a student at Korbel. The Student Affairs Manager advises graduate students on processes and procedures, quarterly registration, graduate practicums, graduation and degree progress, and takes the initiative to streamline processes and simplify the overall experience for students. Additionally, the Student Affairs Manager supports student life through student group coordination and event planning. Collaborates with various departments on campus for academic planning, policy implementation, and student events and concerns. Supports office, Directors and Associate Deans with special projects.
- Oversee customer service for the office, including supervising a team of student employees at the front desk
- Answer general advising questions for graduate students
- Coordinate the Korbel student groups and student government and manage their budgets
- Manage the Coverdell Fellowship practicum program
- Assist in planning student-focused events, including graduation celebrations and orientation
- Monitor and facilitate student communication platforms in line with wider Korbel communication strategies
- Assists Directors and Associate Deans with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills to work in a fast-paced and deadline-focused environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to assist students in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, plan work within larger contexts of school goals and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff in Korbel and across the university
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant related experience
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting student services in higher education
- Experience working with diverse student populations at both the graduate and undergraduate levels
- Master’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in higher education student services
- Knowledge of Banner systems and university policies and procedures
- Event-planning experience
- Standard office environment.
- Unexpected interruptions occur often, and stress level is moderate to high.
- Noise level is quiet to moderate.
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period.
- Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
University operating hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Work schedule may vary.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) February 7, 2023.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$60,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.