The Office of Institutional Research & Analysis is the central source for information about the University of Denver. We serve the University's vision, values, mission, and goals by analyzing and reporting institutional data to inform University and unit-level planning and development. The Office of Institutional Research & Analysis supports a culture of measurement, data literacy, and evidence-based decision making at the University. We conduct insightful institutional research and analysis to inform planning both centrally and within academic and administrative units. We are also responsible for reporting institutional data to the federal and state governments and other external agencies on behalf of the University. Our office is led by the Assistant Provost for Institutional Research & Analysis and operates under Academic Administration within the Provosts Office.
The Rankings Research Analyst will utilize ranking tools and data to advance the University of Denver’s efforts to improve its rankings on a variety for ranking systems. This position will reside in the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis (IRA) with a direct connection the Rankings Committee leadership. The Rankings Research Analyst will work as part of the IRA team to provide support to academic units, faculty and Vice Provost of Research to improve faculty exposure, grant acquisition, faculty recruiting. This position will provide support to the strategic plan to improve University of Denver rankings.
- Utilize ranking analytics tools to identify areas for improvement for the university. Through the use of the tools and internal data, the Rankings Research Analyst will identify areas to support faculty and their research such as identifying potential grants, correcting research citations, research areas, honorific awards, as well as under acknowledge faculty. Additionally, the Rankings
- Research Analyst will identify areas for data improvement and/or cleaning, areas to focus resources, and areas for program development to advance university rankings.
- Write report and develop presentations to share findings with the Rankings Committee, key community stakeholders, senior university leadership, and the Board of Trustees.
- Support analytics team within Institutional Research and Analysis in developing predictive models as well as identifying areas for data collection improvements and understanding.
- Oversee the administration of a variety of rankings tools such as Academic Analytics, THE DataPoints, SCOPUS, and Academic Insights. This position will coordinate the annual renewal process and access administration within the university.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to analyze, compile and report on data in an appropriate format
- Ability to write business correspondence and report
- Ability to orally present information in an understandable manner
- A self-starter with a positive attitude toward all levels of task
- Sound independent judgment is required.
- Confidentiality is a key asset in this role.
- Ability to review datasets for potential errors and missing data
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to maintain daily operations in deadline-focused environment
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of one year of experience
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) March 23, 2023.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.