DU is the oldest and largest private, independent university in the Rocky Mountain Region, welcoming approximately 5700 undergraduate and 8000 graduate students to campus either in-person or virtually each year. Our students complete a rigorous, comprehensive core curriculum in addition to a deep, hands-on immersion in their technical curricula. DU is a research university with high research activity and an exceptional commitment to its students.
Denver, the Mile-High City, consistently ranks as one of the best places to live in the United States. Denver’s economy is rapidly growing and diversifying, with strengths in the aerospace, healthcare, financial tech, telecommunications, and IT-software sectors. Our region features a dry climate with 300 days of sunshine annually and surprisingly mild winters. The nearby Rocky Mountains provide beautiful views and abundant recreational opportunities year-round. The city of Denver is home to several major league sports teams, diverse neighborhoods, and strong cultural and food scenes. Situated in this vibrant metropolitan community, the University is committed to building and sustaining a culturally diverse faculty, staff, and student body. The Chancellor’s diversity statement can be viewed here: https://www.du.edu/equity.
MCE is a leader in innovative and effective approaches for promoting learning, information literacy, healthy lifestyle, and civic participation throughout the lifespan. Transcending traditional ideas about education. schooling, and meaningful community engagement we embrace a new, comprehensive vision of learning as a lifelong activity that involves the whole person and can occur through a variety of methods, anywhere and at any time. We promote educational change and social equity in addition to providing leadership for the improvement of education, mental health, libraries, and information services and systems.
The University of Denver’s Morgridge College of Education (MCE) invites applications for the position of Business Coordinator.
The Morgridge College of Education’s vision is to train global leaders who employ innovative and effective approaches to advance learning throughout the lifespan, educational change, and social equity. Our programs prepare ethical, collaborative practitioners who can apply principles to promote learning and development with diverse clients and communities. This is a full-time, benefitted position.
The Business Coordinator reports to the Assistant Dean and assists with processing financial, human resources, and general business transactions for the College, Ricks School, and the Fisher Early Learning Center. The Business Coordinator supports the MCE Manager of Budget & Finance, the Manager of Budget & Finance, Fisher & Ricks, and the Manager of Financial Aid with transactional items. Additionally, the Business Coordinator provides back-up support to the Grants Coordinator. The ideal candidate can demonstrate attention to detail, discretion and insightful judgement, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize without missing critical deadlines.
Business and Operations Support
- Assist the College’s departments with general business operations support and staff vacancies
- Serve as the Dean’s Office liaison for travel, expense, and reimbursements to the College’s Faculty and Staff
- Train new staff in basic business operations processes, systems, and protocols
- Responsible for the submission of all non-benefitted employee transactions to include hires, separations, job and position changes
- Assist with ensuring accuracy of timecards and completing necessary corrections
- Prepare payroll redistributions and hand-checks at the direction of the Managers
- Submit job postings and provide technical support to hiring managers throughout the hiring process
- Oversee hiring process for all special community members in MCE, Ricks, and Fisher
- Assist with New Hire onboarding
- Responsible for the submission of all finance transactions to include direct pays, requisitions, and contracts for goods and services
- Support faculty and staff with creating and managing expense reports
- At the discretion of the Assistant Dean submits journal entries
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with peers, divisions, and senior leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to manage time-sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of related office experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study
- 3+ years of direct experience in accounting and finance
- Higher education experience.
- Knowledge of Banner and Concur
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with the possibility of remote days.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) April 5, 2023.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The hourly range for the position is $24.00-$26.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.