The OLLI at DU West Campus Program Coordinator reports directly to the West Campus Manager and to the OLLI at DU Executive Director. The primary responsibility is to support the West Campus Manager in overseeing the operation of the OLLI West campus.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 600 hours in a calendar year.
- Assist the OLLI at DU West Campus Manager, in collaboration with the OLLI at DU Communications Manager and Assistant, in maintaining campus presence on website.
- Maintain supplies for campus- mugs, bags, name tent cards, pens.
- Provide snow closure information to OLLI at DU Support Specialist to put on voicemail and on website.
- Prepare nametags for new in-person members.
- Assist members with registration by being available via email during first two weeks of registration each term.
- Assist with in-person courses at the campus, as needed; including preparation of class roster, AV equipment, general member assistance.
- Assist West Campus Manager with open houses, facilitator recognition events, and other special campus events.
- Assist West Campus Manager in the submission of data for a Master Course Spreadsheet with information on course, course meeting dates, facilitators.
- Assist West Campus Manager with program data (facilitator and volunteer recognition, course history).
- Assist West Campus Manager, in collaboration with the Communications Manager and Assistant, with articles for the monthly OLLI at DU Constant Contact newsletter (spotlights on courses, facilitators, events at the campus).
- Maintain a list of suggested facilitators and classes - using data from evaluation forms and from member input.
- Prior experience in adult education; preferably with those over 50
- Personable; ability to interact well with variety of people; able to anticipate needs
- Organized – able to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Be available onsite during the first two weeks of each term
- Good communications skills
- Technology skills
- Experience with Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience with Adobe products
- Experience with Zoom
This part-time position of up to 600 hours per year has a flexible schedule as the duties dictate.
There is not a designated office. The primary class sites for OLLI at DU West in-person courses are in Golden, Colorado.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) June 5, 2023.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly rate for the position is $21.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.