The College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences is the largest and most diverse academic unit of the University of Denver, where students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed at nearly any career in today’s global society.
The College’s Office of the Dean is seeking a dynamic, multi-talented Senior Manager, Digital Marketing and Communications. In this role, the Senior Manager will develop and manage digital strategies in promotion of the College and its more than two dozen schools, departments, centers and institutes. They will lead content creation, digital marketing and communication initiatives, and drive online engagement with prospective and current students, alumni, donors, faculty and staff. This position will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will closely collaborate with the graduate recruitment and enrollment team, other dean’s office staff, and University Marketing and Communications.
Integrated Content Development:
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to integrate the CAHSS narrative and messaging into digital communications strategy, content and copy.
- Identify and implement best practices for digital communications policies and practices, including analysis and metrics for digital initiatives.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar in collaboration with Marketing and Communications team members within CAHSS and University Marketing and Communications.
- Develop and execute a digital communications strategy, aligned with the CAHSS strategic communications plan, encompassing the College’s digital assets, including websites, social media, and other digital content.
- Leverage web analytics, SEO, link building and other digital tools in collaboration with graduate recruitment and admissions team to improve prospective student experience with College websites, drive awareness, conversions and optimize performance.
- Serve as primary manager of College and department-level websites. Oversee day-to-day website performance and maintenance, collaborate with and train department content editors, maintain high-quality assurance and user experience, and ensure adherence to brand and content guidelines.
- Serve as primary social media manager for the College and social media lead for department-level networks. In collaboration with the Director, build awareness for and help protect the reputation of the College, its departments and schools.
- Collaborate with internal and external content editors, designers, developers and other University staff to ensure websites meet the needs of DU, CAHSS and departments.
- Develop and execute a digital marketing strategy in coordination with a digital communications strategy to increase awareness and support of the College, its schools, programs, and key initiatives.
- Provide marketing support to CAHSS departments including the dean’s office advancement, graduate student recruitment and admissions and academic departments.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications teams at the University and with other DU colleges to drive marketing efficiencies and brand consistency across marketing channels.
- Oversee purchasing, maintenance and distribution of CAHSS-branded materials in support of marketing initiatives.
- Supervise and guide one or more student and/or contract employees.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications or the Dean’s Office.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement digital marketing and communications strategies, content and tools.
- Consensus builder with the ability to lead and align others, including colleagues with more senior titles and broader responsibilities.
- Excellent sense of judgement.
- Capability to manage multiple initiatives, frequently re-prioritize competing projects and meet deadlines.
- Consistently deliver high-quality, accurate work with measurable results.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects from conception to completion.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to furthering DU’s diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, computer science, web and/or graphic design, communication, public relations, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of day-to-day experience in digital communications in higher education, with a highly matrixed business, non-profit or NGO, and at least two (2) years of experience managing other digital, marketing or communications professionals.
- Demonstrated experience with UX/UI in websites and web applications.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).
- Master’s degree in communication, public relations, marketing, computer science, web and/or graphic design.
- Experience working with Drupal CMS.
- Experience in video production and photography.
- Proficiency in two or more languages.
- Standard office environment
- Unexpected interruptions can frequently occur.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Evenings and weekends as required for event support.
- Option to work remotely or from home up to two days per week.
For consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) March 4, 2024.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 11.
The salary range for this position is $68,000-$78,000
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- A sample of the applicant’s strategic digital and marketing communications planning and execution, including campaigns, websites and social media.
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military enlistment, or veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the University’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; the Americans with Disabilities Act; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; Equal Pay Act; Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act; the Colorado Protecting Opportunities and Workers' Rights (" POWR") Act; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For more information, please see the University of Denver's Non-Discrimination Statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.