Ritchie Center Competitive Sports Intern
Job no: 496099
Position type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Division/Equivalent: Recreation and Wellness
Department/Office: Club Sports
Categories: Recreation / Kennedy Mountain Campus
The Division of Kennedy Mountain Campus, Wellness & Recreation at the University of Denver is currently seeking intern candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of campus recreation. Internships are available for the 2023-24 academic year in the areas of Competitive Sports.
Interviews will be conducted at NIRSA National Conference 2023 if possible.
- Assist with the administration and supervision of recreation & event-based programs at the Ritchie Center in support of department, division and university goals
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training, evaluation, and development of approximately 20 student employees
- Assist in the development, coordination, and evaluation of a comprehensive Competitive Sports program to include team, dual and individual sports leagues, tournaments, special events, and 30 club sports
- Provide onsite supervision for intramural activities (basketball, flag football, soccer, broomball, and volleyball)
- Manage IMLeagues web-based scheduling and participant registration program for intramural sports programming
- Assist with developing and implementing a marketing plan for intramural sports
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the club sports officer training program
- Maintain program equipment and accurately track inventory
- Update intramural and club sport policies, procedures and rules
- Prepare intramural captain's meeting content
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with the fraternity & sorority life council, team captains and participants
- Adhere to appropriate risk management plans and Emergency Action Plans
- Support safe and effective operations through observation and reporting of facility and equipment function
- Enforce policies and procedures relating to the competitive sports programs
- Facilitate payment process for intramural and club sport programming
- Perform other job duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide excellent customer service for all Ritchie Center participants and customers
- Recognize and respond effectively and efficiently to emergencies
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED Certification, or willingness to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification
Part-time, hours will vary.
*Night and weekend hours are required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by April 12, 2023.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for this position is $19.00-$21.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university’s educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university’s complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see https://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time