Adjunct Instructor for Internationalization
Job no: 492618
Work type: Faculty Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Faculty, Academic Administration
The Office of Internationalization offers the pre-study abroad course INTZ 2501: Exploring Global citizenship Fall, Winter and Spring quarters. All undergraduate students who study abroad on term-length programs are required to take this 2-credit course. Need to recruit additional qualified adjunct instructors for this position.
Preparing for and teaching 1 course per quarter for the Office of Internationalization
- Grading assigments
- Being available for Office Hours
- Coordinating with fellow instructors
- Attend weekly faculty meetings and quartly debriefs
- Assisting with learning outcome assessment
- Attend professional development opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to teach in affective learning environments utilizing an interactive classroom
- Experience working on issues of identity, intercultural communication or global citizenship
- Willingness to engage in interdisciplinary approaches
- Demonstrated ability to engage in various modes of learning delivery
- Openness to modeling self-reflection
- MA in International Education or a related field, or an MA in another field and significant work related to International Education
- Post-MA coursework, PhD or equivalent in a field related to international education
- Experience teaching on issues of identity, intercultural communication or global citizenship
- Significant experience abroad
- Ability to speak, read and write at least one language other than English
Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed for the 2019-2020 academic year. Preference will be given to early applications.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.