Director of Admissions for Graduate Programs
Job no: 492650
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admission / Financial Aid
Located in one of the nation’s most dynamic and beautiful urban areas, the University of Denver Sturm College of Law is a national leader in experiential legal education and is widely regarded as one of the nation’s most innovative and ascendant law schools. In addition to its full-time and part-time JD programs, the Sturm College of Law offers a set of pioneering and nationally recognized Master’s and non-JD certificate programs in tax law, international law, environmental and natural resources law, and judicial administration.
Reporting jointly to the law school’s Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and its Assistant Dean of Admissions & Student Financial Management, the Director of Admissions for Graduate Programs is responsible for recruiting outstanding and diverse students to the law school’s various Master’s and non-JD certificate programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and leading a strategic enrollment management plan for such programs, forging relationships with external organizations, developing and deploying program-specific marketing materials, reviewing applications and optimizing financial aid awards, collaborating with the University’s Office of Graduate Education, and keeping apprised of evolving trends in legal education and relevant industry sectors.
- Developing a strategic enrollment management plan for the law school’s various Master’s and non-JD certificate programs;
- Forging relationships with law firms, businesses, governmental entities, educational institutions, and other potential partners with the goal of developing pipelines for the recruitment of outstanding and diverse students;
- Collaborating with the Assistant Dean of Marketing & Communications to develop program-specific marketing materials and innovative marketing strategies that highlight the distinctive strengths of the law school’s various graduate programs;
- Reviewing applications and leveraging available financial aid awards to recruit robust, diverse, and outstanding cohorts of students;
- Communicating with admitted students from point of admission to final matriculation, focusing on the goals of enhancing the experience of admitted students and maximizing their yield;
- Working with the University’s Office of Graduate Education on various aspects of enrollment management, including modeling and reporting; and
- Keeping apprised of evolving trends in legal education and relevant industry sectors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The key competencies one must demonstrate in this position are as follows:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytic abilities
- Familiarity with relevant industry sectors and trends
- A commitment to diversity and inclusivity
- Strong compliance orientation
- Ability to coordinate multiple events and activities while maintaining focus on details and outcomes
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and to functioning in a high-paced, collaborative work environment
- This is an exempt position. Out-of-state travel and work during evenings and weekends may be required to meet designated job objectives.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited four-year university or college
- Experience in law, business, government, education, or another relevant field
- An advanced degree in law or business
- Experience in the fields of admissions, marketing, or professional development
- Experience with relevant admissions-related software, including Slate and/or Banner
- Facility with data analytics
- Experience in Higher Education.
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 10, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- 3 professional references
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.