Program Assistant - Project X-ITE
Job no: 492739
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admin / Executive / Office Support
Project X-ITE at the University of Denver is seeking an innovative and driven program assistant to support its growth and trajectory. Project X-ITE is the University’s hub for innovation and entrepreneurship, focusing on cross-disciplinary collaboration and experiential learning. Project X-ITE serves to foster student entrepreneurs from idea generation through scaling their ventures. We offer a suite of co-curricular programming that helps students develop an entrepreneurial mindset and encourages them to think big. This is a new position at Project X-ITE and will allow the right person to join a dynamic, growing, and purposeful enterprise. In this role you’ll serve as a critical support for all aspects of Project X-ITE, with the opportunity to innovate, create processes, and streamline our portfolio of programs. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for innovation and entrepreneurship looking to work in a fast-paced and nimble startup environment within a 150-year-old, renowned institution of higher education. This position reports to the Managing Director of Project X-ITE.
- Provide project management support, including coordination of tasks, timelines, schedules, and activities of multiple projects.
- Oversee database and other support software (mentoring platform, social media, etc.)
- Oversee contract and transaction processes for program activities.
- Coordinate logistics for the Project X-ITE House, including working with campus partners to facilitate an organized, collaborative, and safe co-working space.
- Provide marketing support to drive event attendance, encourage engagement, and raise Project X-ITE’s profile on campus and in the community.
- Support creation of printed and digital marketing collateral including digital signage, flyers, presentations, website, and assets for Project X-ITE events, programs, resources, and other key initiatives.
- Draft content for Project X-ITE social media channels (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter). Includes gathering or creating imagery and engaging with partner and constituent accounts (including sharing external content and growing our audience base), monitoring analytics for all channels, and providing reports.
- Assist with creation, design and formatting of program-related documents, including light editing of documents for punctuation, grammar, and style.
- Create and maintain a media library, including photos and video, for use in a variety of products.
- Assist with website maintenance, including updating pages and monitoring communications.
- Communicate with stakeholders in an effective and tactful manner via phone and email.
- Take meeting notes and distribute as appropriate.
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest or direct experience in entrepreneurship, startups, or innovation
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Beginner skills in Photoshop, WordPress, Mailchimp, Airtable, and other platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate and collaborate effectively across Project X-ITE and with a variety of stakeholders in person, by phone, over email, and through written project materials.
- Demonstrated ability to manage events from conception through execution.
- Demonstrated ability to bring an innovative approach to all tasks.
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize competing deadlines and timelines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with members of diverse cultures and communities with respect and humility.
- Able to take feedback constructively.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military training
- 2-3 years of experience in event planning, program management, project management, or administrative assisting.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and/or Salesforce
- Experience working in a university or startup environment
Part-time, 20 hours per week on-campus. Evenings and weekends as required.Due to the hands-on, relationship-driven nature of this work, remote candidates will not be considered
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 5:00pm (MST) October 25, 2019
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The following documents are required to be fully considered for this role. If all items are not included, your application will not be reviewed:
- A Cover Letter
- Statement of Interest regarding entrepreneurship and/or innovation (get creative!)
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.