Learning Program Coordinator
Job no: 492958
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Human Resources
Human Resources and Inclusive Community (HRIC) at the University of Denver is led by the Vice Chancellor of HRIC who reports directly to the Chancellor of the University. The HRIC Department is responsible for developing and delivering a broad range of services in support of the University's mission, vision and strategies. The HRIC Department is evolving from a traditional operational and service orientation into a highly effective strategic unit advancing the broader strategic aims of the University.
The University is seeking a Learning Program Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordination and maintenance of a robust and comprehensive employee program that reinforces a culture of professional development and career growth and contributes toward building our One DU community. This role supports the University's aim to attract, engage, and develop a diverse and world-class faculty and staff population with its comprehensive employee development resources, practices and programs.
This role serves as part of the University's HRIC team, reporting to the Director of People Development. The Learning Program Coordinator is an individual who thrives being collaborative, builder of processes and systems with a strong attention to detail that facilitates learning activities, programs and events sponsored by HRIC and in collaboration with units across the university.
The Learning Program Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of learning and development courses, special events, and initiatives. These programs are university wide, encompassing staff and faculty divisions, teams, and leadership initiatives. This position will oversee operational aspects of learning programs and events to help in ensuring the highest level of participation and engagement, results achievement, and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services. This position will assist with design and development of a detailed methodology and processes to ensure high quality learning and development programming and events.
- Maintain training records, including scheduling classes and enrolling participants.
- Update the training calendar and make training room reservations for classes and special events.
- Develop, send, and manage communications such as invitations, reminders and confirmations for scheduled classes and events.
- Manage room set-up including coordinating audio-visual needs, catering (as required) and participant registration to optimize enrollment counts.
- Extract participation date, compile and prepare reports to enable the leadership team identify attendance and content trends, expenses and overall program quality.
- Maintain learning supplies and inventory for learning programs and purchase items within budget guidelines.
- Coordinate logistical requirements with and be point of contact for external vendors, instructors and participants including assembling and distributing their materials as needed.
- Maintain assessment accounts including StrengthsFinder, DiSC, SkillScope, Via Strengths, etc., to ensure adequate inventory of assessments for use.
- Draft and develop training aids and materials such as handouts, presentations and workbook in conjunction with the subject matter expert using powerpoint, prezi or other presentation software.
- Participate in assignments related to training team projects and partnering with campus partners including Facilities, Sodexo
- Catering and Conference and Event Services.
- Oversee all aspects of new employee orientation including presentation materials, location, food and beverage, presenters and content update in conjunction with people development team. This would include delivering presentations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact effectively at all levels within and outside the University Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques.
- Experience with e-learning platforms such as LinkedIn Learning.
- Basic public presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and collaboration software including Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Zoom, etc.
- Hands-on experience independently coordinating multiple training events in an organizational setting.
- Advanced MS Office notably PowerPoint presentation and project planning software.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong communication skills including written and public speaking
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of experience in learning and development, education, training, HR or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field.
- Experience in an academic setting.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on February 21, 2020
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $19.00 - $21.50
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.