The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Denver is looking to hire adjunct instructors to teach a variety of graduate courses, such as Project Management, Fundamentals of Systems Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Design, Complex System, Architectures, Models, and Tools, Optimization, and many other courses covering various topics. This posting in particular is for the graduate-level Systems Engineering program which hosts a variety of Lockheed Martin associates and the Lockheed Martin specific masters and graduate certificate programs. This posting will serve for multiple openings.
For more information about the Systems Engineering courses, the list can be found on the Registrar’s Office schedule of classes through the following link: https://www.du.edu/registrar/course/scheduleofclasses.html.
Fall Quarter runs from September to November/December (approximately)
Winter Quarter runs from January to March (approximately)
Spring Quarter runs from March to June (approximately)
Summer Quarter runs from June to August (approximately)
- Teach once a week in-person on Lockheed Martin’s Waterton Campus or online as assessed after work hours (typically 5:00 – 8:20 pm).
- Design a new or adapt a new course. This includes learning outcomes, support materials, and a course calendar.
- Create and Maintain LSM/Course Canvas Container.
- Assign papers, exams, and other deliverables as appropriate.
- Grade in a timely manner.
- Attend Quarterly School meetings and attend monthly faculty meetings, if requested to do so.
- Participate in recruiting and informational events as needed.
- Work with students and others to guarantee the best possible student experience.
- Focus on providing clear value and concise directions for students.
- If requested, meet with students, over Zoom or in person, to discuss grades, assignments and/or project status.
- Support enrollment activities as needed.
- Master’s degree.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Successful teaching/facilitation experience with adults at the graduate level.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to teach courses in-person on Lockheed Martin’s Waterton campus.
- Successful teaching/facilitation experience with adults in graduate business programs.
Fall Quarter: August 20, 2021
Winter Quarter: November 10, 2021
Spring Quarter: March 20, 2022
Adjunct faculty are compensated at a rate of $8,000 per course for standard courses in the Systems Engineering program within the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, for the Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters.
Pay for Summer courses is based on enrollment. If you are selected to teach for Summer, you will be informed of the Summer Pay Scale at that time. Enrollment below 3 deems that the class should be canceled, and no teaching nor compensation will be allowed.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, available market information, and course enrollment, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information of three individuals that can serve as references.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check