The Division of Marketing & Communications (MarComm) speaks with a unified, authentic and resonant voice to strategically advance the University of Denver's brand with four goals in mind:
- To promote and protect DU's reputation
- To inspire students to enroll and engage
- To increase inclusion
- To strengthen the University
MarComm aims to strengthen DU's strategic position locally, regionally and nationally through data-driven and authentic storytelling across multiple channels with focused support on the university's value drivers: academics and research; enrollment and admissions, athletics and advancement. Whether through public or media relations, digital strategies, social media, print, podcast, issues or crisis management, community relations or thought leadership and training, MarComm drives results through narratives that involve words, pictures and design. With true understanding of and connection with our diverse audiences, we aim to foster collaborative problem solving, creativity and innovation.
The Business Coordinator acts as the administrative resource to the Division of Marketing & Communications staff as it relates to the business operations of the department and the university. Reporting to the Director of Operations/Budget Officer for the Division of Marketing & Communications, the Business Coordinator will assist with projects and processes related to the recruitment and hiring of staff, expense tracking, reporting and processing, purchasing/procurement, and will serve as the Division of Marketing & Communication’s first point of contact for other faculty and staff campus-wide. The Business Coordinator applies best practice guidelines, policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedures. The Business Coordinator will also perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mail distribution, filing, note taking and scheduling.
- Front office phone reception, directing calls and taking messages as appropriate, greets visitors and directs needs to appropriate University resource and contact;
- Assists with requisitions, purchase order updates, vendor invoices, and direct pays working with appropriate budgetary guidelines;
- Initiates workflow process for contracts and work orders for legal approval;
- Coordinates purchasing card transactions, monitors and reconciles departmental purchasing card and tracks receipts and office expenditures. This includes transaction allocations and timelines, ensuring transaction logs and packets are completed with budgetary compliance, signed by appropriate approval order and submitted in the necessary timeframes making any necessary changes online prior to the close date;
- Coordinates and completes all transactions related to employment action requests (PAR/JCR) including posting of positions, scheduling timeline workflow of selection process and assist in coordinating search activities as needed;
- Serves as the recruiting and HR liaison and coordinates the hiring process from posting to onboarding. This includes working with the hiring supervisor and a variety of other staff to ensure that space, technology, other needs are met, facilitating introductions, initiating training/orientation, and otherwise acting as a resource to help new employees feel welcome;
- Maintains office supply inventory, coordinates office supply ordering and department facility requests and coordinates, and maintains equipment inventory, re-purposing of equipment, refresh dates and procurement of new equipment working with IT and Procurement departments to adhere to University guidelines/workflows;
- Leads all team building event and activity coordination;
- Assists Director of Operations with vendor management coordination including, but not limited to contract review and markups, contract and purchase order scope changes;
- Assists department staff with meeting and room scheduling;
- Assists the Division of Marketing & Communications with note taking at meetings and sending meeting minutes and recaps;
- Maintains the Divisional email address and ensures emails are answered and routed appropriately;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working in an environment that requires confidentiality;
- Ability to review, examine, and prepare documents with a keen attention to detail;
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite;
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills; must be able to listen to and communicate effectively with highly diverse University community members, always with a focus on friendly customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects;
- Ability to prioritize based on urgency and level of importance identify and engage with the correct stakeholders and complete deadlines on time;
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing workflows;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of operational, financial and administrative processes;
- Experience with recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes;
- Experience reviewing contracts;
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders;
- A self-starter. Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team;
- Must possess a strong work ethic demonstrated by managing time wisely and maintaining a balanced and consistent performance with a positive attitude and high ethical standards that reflect honesty, integrity, cooperation, and reliability;
- Forward-looking and rational thinker, who has a problem-solving mindset, actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- Demonstrated experience managing conflict, working well with diverse personalities, and being self-accountable.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 2 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience.
- Experience working in a higher education institution.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on June 16, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The hourly range for this position is $21.00 - $25.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.