Information Technology (IT) organization that supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University by providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DU’s Impact 2025, the division aligns IT resources with University and unit strategic goals and operational plans, providing service in the spirit of “One DU”.
Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity and inclusion, Information Technology/Enterprise Application Services (IT/EAS) maintains the highest standards in providing a wide range of software solutions to units throughout the University. IT/EAS maintains software systems that support the University’s core business as well as develops custom applications in partnership with DU departments to enhance services to our community. Our services range from consultation to implementation to continuous support of software solutions. Services include:
- Software implementation, support, and development
- Secure access to institutional information
- Database development and administration
- Data interfaces
- Document Management
- Workflow solutions
- Business Process analysis and improvements
- Consultation with DU departments on software development or purchase
- Data Warehouse administration, reporting and data mining
- Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, and Dashboards
IT/EAS ensures the current and future software applications are efficient and effective, maintains an appropriate balance between leading-edge activities and core business processes, and provides approprate information access and data security.
IT/EAS is responsible for all aspects of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Database Management, Data Warehouse administration, Information Analytics (BI), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Learning Management System (LMS), Document Management and Workflow.
With supervision, the Junior Application/Database Developer typically performs the duties of a database developer, application developer, ERP developer, and business intelligence (BI) analyst/developer. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of software solutions that fill specific institutional needs, support for all software applications including the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP - Banner) system, and all other tasks necessary to meet the technology needs of the University. This position reports to the Manager, Software Development and participates in team projects related to software development and support.
With supervision perform the following duties:
- Develop Oracle database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to project specifications
- Develop back-end database interfaces to web and third party applications
- Develop and enhance front-end applications using web technologies
- Develop appropriate long term, flexible, and scalable solutions for ERP and other software applications to solve customer needs. Follow IT/EAS guidelines and standards for software design, coding, and testing, including implementation of new processes in both test and production environments
- Develop enterprise wide data analysis and BI reporting solutions
- Manage complete project lifecycle. Actively participate in departmental and project design meetings. Effectively communicate project status with direct supervisor and functional project owner. Meet the desired due date for all assigned projects
- Provide ERP and other application tier-2 production support. Perform enhancements and ongoing maintenance of software applications. Research transactional issues. Respond to production down issues immediately
- Develop detailed documentation and application guides for use by clients. Also develop metadata documentation and provide useful comments within the software code to assist with future changes or modifications. Document design decisions, adhering to existing process guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of programming languages, database/development tools, and application development. Experience with SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, programming languages (eg: Java), and/or reporting software
- Knowledge of interactive web technologies (HTML, CSS) and good understanding of JQuery, AngularJS, Mobile, Bootstrap, and responsive design (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, policies, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively in various situations
- Ability to utilize general mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts and analyze relevant data
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Ability to prioritize and organize high volume of work. Ability to take a sliver of a problem statement and ultimately design a solution
- Attention to detail is critical
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Entry level to 2 years’ application development experience or coursework specific to software development.
- Knowledge of relational database systems.
- Degree in computer science, computer information systems, business, or related field.
- Knowledge of one or more technologies below:
- Reporting software (eg: Cognos, Tableau).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., however there may be irregular hours including both weekends and evenings.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on November 2nd, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 11.
The salary range for this position is $65,000-$70,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.