Shaping Bold Leadership in Higher Education. HERS (Higher Education Resource Services) is a leadership development and research organization dedicated to supporting women leaders in higher education. Through various program services, HERS provides women transformational experiences, which ultimately lead to dynamic and innovative colleges and universities.
HERS is a small and dynamic nonprofit organization with ten full-time staff members, founded in 1972. HERS has become a leader in providing professional development for women and those who identify as women, dedicated to creating and sustaining a community of women leaders with a particular focus in higher education. HERS has provided professional development to more than 6,000 women from over 1,400 campuses in the U.S., as well as women from institutions in Canada, South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria, and other nations.
HERS is affiliated with and located on the University of Denver campus.
HERS is dedicated to creating and sustaining a diverse community of women and those who identify as women, leaders through leadership development programs, and other strategies, with a commitment to achieving equity, inclusivity, and excellence in higher education.
The Associate Director, Marketing and Recruiting creates a positive impact in higher education by promoting HERS services in support and development of women leaders in higher ed with a customer service attitude. The ADMR is the primary point of contact between HERS and its partner organizations, which includes colleges and universities. The ADMR is accountable for prospecting new partner institution relationships and retaining and deepening existing relationships.
ADMR plays a critical role in two key areas. First in maintaining and strengthening the organization’s reputation, and the second is recruiting clients for HERS program services. Both areas require a high degree of expertise in communications, marketing, customer service, reputation management, and partner relationship management.
The ADMR must have the ability to forge relationships with the appropriate decision-makers within partner institutions. To be successful in this role, the ADMR will become well versed in HERS history and services for proper communications and leveraging opportunities for upselling and cross-selling. The ADMR is expected to regularly network and build relationships with the higher education community.
As a member of the leadership team, the ADMR reports to the president. The role is both a strategic and hands-on. Success requires a self‐motivated individual with experience developing and leading relationship initiatives. This role manages the tools and resources needed to support HERS relationships, including a focus on an overall strategic communications plan for the organization and supporting tactics such as digital and email marketing, social media, traditional advertising, and website management. In this role, the ADMR works with the President of HERS to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the impact of partner relationships and supporting marketing initiatives.
What You’ll Love About HERS
- The ability to be bold and get paid for it
- To be a leadership team member who can affect change
- Work with a team of supportive women who are committed to your success
- Shape the future of women leaders in higher education
- To be inspired. To be innovative. To be creative.
Leadership/ Relationship Building
- Provide valuable insight and take ownership as a leadership team member
- Manage HERS program services enrollment strategy and process
- Oversee all organizational marketing strategies and operations including website, social media, and client marketing materials
- Develop and implement strategic communication and marketing plans to support HERS
- Identify and build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders
- Strengthen existing relationships and identify opportunities for the organization
Marketing and Recruiting
- Meet enrollment goals
- Maintain an understanding of all HERS program services and identify appropriate opportunities to upsell and cross-sell programs
- Strategically and tactically manage the overall organizational strategic communications for HERS, including but not limited to:
- preparing copy for 90% of collateral materials
- preparing/distributing invitations for HERS-sponsored/attended events
- updating social media channels regularly editing existing collateral materials
- copywriting various external communications related to the HERS program services
- maintaining/updating existing website
- consistent monitoring of website analytics
- developing content for new web pages
- increasing alumnae and client outreach
- drafting press releases throughout the year
- managing and developing quarterly newsletters and community communications
- maintaining knowledge of trends and new communication tools and email platforms
- manage communications related to reputation management, general marketing, recruiting, branding, and outreach efforts through social media (including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter) and electronic communications (i.e. mass emails and newsletters)
- Research trends and identify opportunities to market
- Prepare marketing materials, including planning documents, briefs, press releases, op-eds, digital and email marketing, social media, traditional advertising, etc.
- Engage with higher education media outlets to share HERS news
- Maintain basic knowledge of SEO and best practices
- Customer service assistance with application/registration process
- Promotion of HERS and all program services
- Prepare business materials and documents for meetings/presentations
- Work within the (CRM) Salesforce
- Manage vendors that support the marketing and recruiting of the HERS organization
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of experience in recruitment, or student affairs, in higher education or non-profit sector
- 2 years of experience in marketing
- 5+ years of experience in recruitment, or student affairs, in higher education or non-profit sector
- Experience with selling services.
1. Standard office environment.
2. Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high.
3. Noise level is quiet to moderate.
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time.
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on January 20, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.