Job no: 492955
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Business Operations / Services
Conference & Event Services (CES) delivers exceptional service, resources and support to events on the University of Denver (DU) campus. While upholding the University’s integrity, values and inclusive engagement, CES cultivates strategic relationships with its internal DU partners to ensure the success of outreach to local, national and global organizations. CES provides services to clients for the exploration, discussion and enactment of issues and topics germane to a variety of important areas that include civic, political, non-profit, educational and business.
The Business Coordinator acts as the administrative resource to the Division of Conference & Event Services as it relates to the business operations and front desk management of the department. Reporting to the Director of Business & Operations/Budget Officer for the Division of Conference & Event Services, the Business Coordinator will manage, mentor and help with the development of student employees who oversee the front desk and interns who support events. This position will also assist with projects and processes related to expense tracking, reporting, processing entries in Oracle, departmental deposits and purchasing/procurement. The Business Coordinator applies best practice guidelines, policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedures. The Business Coordinator will also perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, mail distribution and filing.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Oversees the front desk operation and manages, mentors and helps with the development of the student employees who are at the front desk. This operation includes answering the phone, directing calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, answering Divisional emails and entering opportunities from potential clients
- Manages, mentors and helps with the development of the interns who support internal and external events
- Maintains office supply inventory, coordinates office supply ordering, and maintains equipment inventory, re-purposing of equipment, refresh dates and procurement of new equipment working with IT and Procurement departments to adhere to University guidelines/workflows
- Initiates workflow process for legal and procurement contracts
- Assists with requisitions, purchase orders, vendor invoices, direct pays, departmental deposits, credit card reconciliations, journal entries and expense tracking
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working in an environment that requires confidentiality
- Ability to review, examine and prepare documents with a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills; must be able to listen to and communicate effectively with highly diverse University community members, always with a focus on friendly customer service
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to prioritize based on urgency and level of importance, identify and engage with the correct stakeholders and complete deadlines on time
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing workflows
- Knowledge and understanding of operational, financial and administrative processes
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders
- A self-starter and able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Must possess a strong work ethic demonstrated by managing time wisely and maintaining a balanced and consistent performance with a positive attitude and high ethical standards that reflect honesty, integrity, cooperation and reliability
- Forward-looking and rational thinker, who has a problem-solving mindset, actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Demonstrated experience managing conflict, working well with diverse personalities and being self-accountable
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience
- 1 year of administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Experience working in a higher education institution
- Experience with student development and/or supervisory experience
Part-Time, Monday - Friday
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on February 23, 2020
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $18.00-$20.00
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.